Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, jerk chicken. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
The best Jamaican Jerk Chicken including oven and grilling instructions! It's incredibly flavorful thanks to hours of marinating in a vibrant and deliciously seasoned marinade. Jerk is a style of cooking native to Jamaica, in which meat is dry-rubbed or wet marinated with a hot spice mixture called Jamaican jerk spice.
Jerk Chicken is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Jerk Chicken is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook jerk chicken using 32 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Jerk Chicken:
- Get 2 lb Chicken
- Take Marinade
- Get 1 cup Orange Juice
- Get 1/4 cup White Wine Vinegar
- Prepare 1/2 bunch Fresh Green Onion diced
- Take 5 clove Garlic
- Get 2 medium Limes
- Take 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Get 2 tbsp Sugar
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp Molasses
- Make ready 3 tsp Olive Oil
- Get 1 tsp Nutmeg
- Get 3/4 tsp Cayenne
- Make ready 1/2 tsp Allspice
- Take 1/2 tsp Ginger
- Make ready 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Take 1/4 tsp Cumin
- Take 2 medium Jalapenos chopped & seeded
- Get 1 medium Habanero chopped & seeded
- Take 1 Bunch fresh Thyme
- Get Dry Rub
- Prepare 3/4 tbsp Sugar
- Take 3/4 tsp Dried Thyme
- Get 1/2 tsp Season Salt
- Prepare 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- Take 1/4 tsp Ginger
- Get 1/4 tsp Allspice
- Get 1/4 tsp Jalapeno Powder (chipotle works)
- Make ready 1 dash (1/8 tsp) Cumin
- Take 1 dash (1/8 tsp) Cinnamon
- Prepare 1 dash (1/8 tsp) Cayenne
- Make ready 1 Salt & Pepper
Hot, succulent Jamaican Jerk Chicken is a tropical treat. You'll love the heat and flavor of this fiery marinade. Try new ways of preparing chicken with jerked chicken recipes and more from the expert chefs at Food Network. Bring the flavors of the Caribbean to dinner.
Instructions to make Jerk Chicken:
- One lime is sliced thinly and placed in a marinade bag with the chicken for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix the rest of the marinade items in a blender (2nd lime is juiced).
- Add the blended mixture to the chicken & lime slices in your marinade bag.
- Let the chicken marinade in the fridge for at least 4-8 hours, possibly overnight.
- Take chicken out of the marinade and add the dry rub & start cooking.
Jerk Chicken is believed to have been conceived when the Maroons introduced African meat cooking techniques to Jamaica which were combined with native Jamaican ingredients and. Try Levi Roots' sticky jerk chicken wings as a party nibble, or make more substantial jerk chicken thighs to fit in a flatbread or alongside rice and peas. Andi Oliver's jerk chicken and cornmeal waffles. Done right, jerk chicken is one of the great barbecue traditions of the world, up there with Texas brisket and Chinese char siu. It is Jamaica to the bone, aromatic and smoky, sweet but insistently hot.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food jerk chicken recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!