Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, brad's chicken katsu. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Brad's chicken katsu is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Brad's chicken katsu is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
This is my family recipe for Chicken Katsu - Japanese style fried chicken. Can also be used to make Tonkatsu, just use pork cutlets instead of chicken. Serve with white rice and tonkatsu sauce.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook brad's chicken katsu using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Brad's chicken katsu:
- Make ready For the tonkatsu sauce
- Prepare 1/2 cup ketchup
- Make ready 2 tbs low sodium soy sauce
- Prepare 1 tbs brown sugar
- Make ready 1 tbs mirin
- Get 1 1/2 tsp worchestershire sauce
- Get 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Make ready 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- Make ready 1 clove minced garlic
- Get For the chicken
- Take 2 lbs chicken breast, sliced into 1/2 " strips
- Make ready Prepared tempura batter
Chicken katsu is a twist on the classic Japanese dish, which is traditionally made with pork. These crispy, crunchy chicken cutlets are topped with a sweet-salty tonkatsu sauce that's simply irresistible. Katsu - Chicken Katsu, Tonkatsu (pork), and Gyukatsu(beef) all work for this recipe If you are using leftover chicken katsu, you can skip ahead a few steps, but Katsudon turns out best if you fry the. Chicken Katsu - Japanese fried chicken cutlet with panko bread crumbs.
Steps to make Brad's chicken katsu:
- Slice chicken and put on a plate. Sprinkle with kosher salt and set aside.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the sauce. Mix well and refrigerate until use.
- Mix tempura batter. If you choose to use a boxed tempura follow recipe on box. Or make your own by mixing 1 cup rice flour w/ 2/3 cup ice water.
- Heat deep fryer to 360 degrees.
- Dip chicken in batter to coat well. Let excess drip off. Hold end of strip in hot oil for a few seconds then slowly lower into oil. This should keep the batter from sticking to the frying basket. Fry about 8 strips at a time. Fry for about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve chicken with the sauce on the side. Enjoy.
This recipe yields very Chicken katsu is served with a tonkatsu or katsu sauce. This recipe is better than Japanese takeout! Chicken katsu (Japanese chicken schnitzel or chicken cutlet) is usually served with the sweet and savory tonkatsu sauce, finely shredded cabbage and cucumbers. You can eat it either with steamed. Chicken Katsu is the perfect weeknight dinner.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food brad's chicken katsu recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!