Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew). It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
This soup is a recipe of my friend's father who passed away a few years ago. It is soooo delicious I was shocked when I found out how easy it is to make!! the El Pato sauce called for in this recipe is easily found in the Mexican isle of your grociery store (unless you live in Queensland, Australia. can't find it here!! I have to have my sister send it to me from the U.
Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) using 15 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew):
- Prepare 1 medium fryer chicken(whole)
- Prepare 6 cup water
- Take 1 medium chayote squash
- Take 4 large carrots
- Prepare 1 large green plantain
- Prepare 2 large white potatoes
- Take 1 large yuka
- Get 3 small roma tomatoes
- Make ready 2 medium zucchini squash
- Get 1 large sweet vidalia onion
- Get 2 ears of fresh corn
- Prepare 1 bunch fresh cilantro or culantro
- Get 1 dash salt to taste
- Take 1 dash pepper to taste
- Take 3 tbsp chicken bouillon ( prefer knorr )
I'm open to suggestions to make this recipe better as this is my first time attempting it. Caldo de Pollo Recipe Caldo de Pollo or Chicken Soup is one of those comfort foods that has no borders, and traditional Mexican cooks have a special place for it, too. I know everyone has their own way of preparing it, and their particular choice of vegetables or herbs to cook it with, but in the end, it's a simple soup that can warm you up. Caldo de Pollo is a Mexican chicken soup crowded with fresh corn on the cobb, zucchini, carrots, cabbage, onion and garlic all simmered in a richly flavored broth.
Instructions to make Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew):
- Prep chicken by cutting into quarters and applying salt/pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large soup/stock pot.
- Quarter the onion and add to the oil to sweat, once onion has become transparent add chicken to pot and brown on all sides.
- Once chicken is browned add enough water to cover the chicken by about a inch, add chicken bouillon and a pinch of salt. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- After 5 minutes of boiling reduce heat to a simmer and cover to cook. 30 minutes or untill EXTREMELY tender.
- While chicken is cooking prep the veggies for the soup.
- Peel yuka and slice in one inch rounds, set aside in large bowl.
- Clean corn and slice cob to 2 inch thick pieces, add to bowl with yuka.
- Peel chayote cut in half and remove pitt with a spoon, cut into medium / large chunks. Add to bowl.
- Clean potatoes well and cut into large chunks. ( quarter for small potatoes) add to bowl.
- Clean zucchini squash and slice into 1 inch rounds, place in bowl.
- Peel carrots and slice into 2 inch rounds. Place in bowl.
- Clean tomatoes, quarter tomatoes and place in bowl.
- Peel GREEN plantain slice into one inch rounds. NOTE: MUST BE GREEN HARD PLANTAINS NOT YELLOW.
- Chop cilantro including stems reserve half for garnish.
- Add all veggies and cilantro except for the zuchinni squash to the pot.
- Add enough water just to cover the veggies. Add more salt/ bouillon to taste. Cover tightly and cook on medium high heat for about 15-20 minutes untill potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Add zuchinni for the last 10 minutes.
- Serve this amazing stew with fresh chopped onion,cilantro, and lime wedges for garnish.
- Go one step further and serve with fresh corn tortillas!
- Enjoy! Hope you love it as much as I do!
This easy one pot Mexican chicken soup is rich and flavorful and loaded with healthy ingredients. Watch the video below to learn how quick and simple it is to make caldo de pollo. There is nothing like the magical healing powers of homemade soup to heal the body and soul. How to make Caldo de Pollo. Caldo de Pollo, or Mexican Chicken Soup - Mmmmm!
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!