Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, seafood bisque. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
This creamy seafood bisque recipe is a rich and delicious way to enjoy seafood. If you're a purist, you know that a true bisque is a seafood soup, but it is often used to describe any creamy soup. We're breaking out the butter, heavy cream and half-and-half for this ultra-rich, ultra-luxe seafood bisque recipe.
Seafood Bisque is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. Seafood Bisque is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have seafood bisque using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Seafood Bisque:
- Prepare 1/2 cup minced shallot
- Get 1/2 lb butter
- Take 1/2 cup flour
- Get 1 quart water
- Take 1 tbsp chicken base
- Take 14 oz baby clam in juice
- Make ready 1/2 lb uncooked shrimp
- Get 1/3 lb cod in one piece
- Prepare 1/3 lb salmon in one piece
- Get 2/3 lb cooked crab meat, chopped
- Prepare 1 cup heavy cream
- Get 1 cup half and half
- Take 1/2 cup sherry wine
- Get 1 salt and pepper to taste
A creamy, smooth seafood bisque is made with shrimp, scallops and crab meat. Fresh cream, white wine and generous spicy seasonings lend this seafood bisque a touch of old world charm. A Simple Seafood Bisque. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. If you love seafood like we do — and SOUP like we do, this Creamy Tomato Seafood Bisque needs to get made in your kitchen this weekend!
Steps to make Seafood Bisque:
- Sauté minced shallots in butter until soft.
- Add the flour and stir with whisk for 5 minutes on low heat, set aside.
- Bring one quart of water to a boil and add chicken base, clams, crab, shrimp and whole pieces of salmon and cod.
- Return to boil, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain the stock, reserving the seafood.
- Stir the shallot mixture into the stock.
- Add the heavy cream and half and half to the stock, bring to a simmer on low heat and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Chunk the salmon and cod and add all of the seafood back into the soup pot.
- Add the sherry and heat through, no more than 3 minutes.
This beauty of a recipe came from my dear friend, Michelle. This hearty seafood bisque is an excellent way to enjoy seafood. Surprisingly easy to prepare and even easier to appreciate its richness. Perfect for a special occasion or when you just need a bowl of. This restaurant had an amazing seafood bisque and it was often the only thing I'd order for a meal because it was so incredibly good.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food seafood bisque recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!