Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, filipino chicken adobo with white rice. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
Chicken Adobo is a type of Filipino chicken stew. Chicken pieces are marinated in soy sauce and spices, pan-fried, and stewed until tender. The best way to eat chicken adobo is to have it with warm white rice.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have filipino chicken adobo with white rice using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice:
- Prepare Chicken and marinade
- Make ready 1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Prepare 3 garlic cloves
- Make ready 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Take 1/3 cup + 2 tbs white vinegar
- Take 4 bay leaves
- Take For cooking
- Make ready 2 tbs. Canola oil
- Get 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Prepare 1 small onion diced
- Take 1.5 cups water
- Take 2 tbs. brown sugar
- Get 1 tbs. whole black pepper
- Prepare Toppings
- Prepare 2 green onions, sliced
White Vinegar - I have tested this adobo recipe with rice vinegar, cane vinegar, apple cider vinegar and white wine vinegar and the classic version. Chicken Adobo with Rice in the Pressure Cooker! The sauce for this chicken adobo is made from a handful of pantry staples you probably have on hand: onion, garlic, white vinegar, soy sauce, peppercorns, bay leaves, and a little bit of sugar. Chicken adobo is a classic Filipino dish that's as savory as it is bright with acid, and it goes perfectly with a large platter of garlic fried rice.
Instructions to make Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice:
- Combine Chicken and Marinade ingredients in a bowl. Marinate for at least 20 minutes, or up to overnight2 green onion, sliced
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet over high heat. Remove chicken from marinade (reserve marinade) and place in the pan. Sear both sides until browned – about 1 minute on each side. Do not cook the chicken all the way through.
- Remove chicken skillet and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in skillet. Add garlic and onion, cook 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add the reserved marinade, water, sugar and black pepper. Bring it to a simmer then turn heat down to medium high. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add chicken smooth side down. Simmer uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes (no need to stir), turning chicken at around 15 minutes, until the sauce reduces down to a thick jam-like syrup.
- If the sauce isn't thick enough, remove chicken onto a plate and let the sauce simmer by itself - it will thicken much quicker - then return chicken to the skillet to coat in the glaze.
- Coat chicken in glaze then serve over rice.
Chicken adobo is a classic dish in the cuisine of the Philippines, one that predates any external influence. This version is based on a more modern. Share this with your friends via As requested by Philip Galanaga and Neil Gerald Ruiz, here's my version of Filipino chicken adobo! It has smoother, milder flavour than white vinegar. You can also use any mild-flavoured vinegar that you think has a.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food filipino chicken adobo with white rice recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!