Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, chicken tikka masala. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Tikka Masala is one of my favourite dishes, and this recipe is the bomb! Everything is made in the same pan, so the flavour of the meat transfers. Made-from-scratch Chicken Tikka Masala recipe with the signature yoghurt marinated chargrilled chicken smothered in an incredible spice infused curry sauce.
Chicken Tikka Masala is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Chicken Tikka Masala is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have chicken tikka masala using 25 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Tikka Masala:
- Make ready Marinate (At least 1 Hr)
- Make ready 1 Cup Plain Yogurt
- Prepare 1 Tbls Lemon Juice
- Get 2 Tsp Cumin
- Prepare 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- Take 2 Tsp Cayenne
- Make ready 2 Tsp Black Pepper
- Get 1 Tbls Ginger Root
- Make ready 1 Tsp Salt
- Prepare 3 Lbs Chicken Breast, Bite Size Pieces
- Make ready Skewer and Grill
- Take Wooden Skewers
- Prepare Sauce
- Take 1 Tbls Salted Butter
- Make ready 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- Get 1 Jalapeno, Diced
- Get 2 Tsp Cumin
- Take 2 Tsp Paprika
- Take 1 Tsp Salt
- Prepare 1 (8 Oz) Can Tomato Sauce
- Take 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- Make ready White Rice
- Make ready 2 Cups White Rice/ Couscous
- Make ready 3-4 Cups Water/ Whatever Ratio your Rice to Water is. I do 1-2
- Get Add Cilantro for Freshness
Chicken Tikka Masala - tender chunks of marinated chargrilled chicken in a creamy mild sauce with garlic, ginger and spices. Kids and adults alike LOVE this dish. And the chicken is perfectly Two. I had no one to share this chicken tikka masala with!
Steps to make Chicken Tikka Masala:
- In a large bowl, combine yoghurt, lemon juice, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, black pepper, ginger, and salt. Stir in chicken, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- (Optional) If you have Wooden Skewers, let them soak completely in a tub of water before using on chicken. This will prevent burning on the grill. Also, if you don't have a grill then you can use a cast iron skillet as a replacement for cooking the chicken. If you use the skillet then don't worry about skewering the chicken. (I suggest the grill if you have one though)
- Preheat Grill for High Heat. Once the chicken is done marinating for at least a hour, thread it onto the soaked skewers.
- Start boiling water for the white rice/Couscous
- While your grill is pre-heating, make sure you dice your jalapeno and mince your garlic.
- Now depending on the white rice you chose you either want to start it after or before step 7. If it's 10-15 mins to cook it, then do it after. Any longer then do it before step 7.
- Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and jalapeno for 1 minute. Season with 2 teaspoons cumin, paprika, and 1 teaspoon salt. Stir in tomato sauce and cream. Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about 20 minutes.
- While your sauce is thickening, lightly oil the grill grate. Put Chicken on grill. Grill until juices run clear, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Once sauce is done simmering, add grilled chicken, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add Rice to bowl first, put chicken and sauce on top. Add Cilantro if using.
So I had all four servings in one whole day. This Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe is so easy to make right at home using simple and delicious ingredients including spices, tomato sauce, onion, garlic, ginger, cream, and butter. Marinating the chicken in some yogurt while sautéing the onions and garlic with the spices helps both flavor the chicken, tenderize it, and help make a thicker finished. Chicken tikka masala is a dish of marinated and broiled chunks of chicken in a creamy, spice-infused tomato sauce. This Chicken Tikka Masala recipe features succulent pieces of chicken that are marinated in a yogurt sauce mingled with aromatic Indian spices, then skewered, grilled, and simmered in a luxuriously.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food chicken tikka masala recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!