Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, bacon-arugula pesto chicken. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chicken with pesto wrapped in bacon. Easy to make, yet tastes like you've spent hours in the kitchen. Spread pesto sauce over the chicken breast, and roll the chicken breast in a slice of bacon, securing the roll with toothpicks.
Bacon-Arugula Pesto Chicken is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Bacon-Arugula Pesto Chicken is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook bacon-arugula pesto chicken using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Bacon-Arugula Pesto Chicken:
- Make ready 4 boneless chicken breasts
- Make ready 3/4 oz fresh basil
- Get 4 handfuls arugula
- Get 1 packages unflavored bacon
- Take 6 clove garlic; peeled
- Take 3 oz pine nuts
- Get 3 oz parmesan; grated
- Prepare 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- Make ready 1 pinch sugar
- Prepare 1 salt and pepper
- Make ready 1 extra virgin olive oil; as needed
By the way, gardeners out there, if you ever plant arugula, be warned, it grows like a weed! Bacon Chicken and Arugula Sandwich - the perfect sandwich for a snack or a healthy lunch. So just to clarify, it's not chicken bacon, it's real pork bacon and chicken in this sandwich. Not that you couldn't use chicken bacon, but this sandwich here is the real thing.
Steps to make Bacon-Arugula Pesto Chicken:
- Place bacon on a baking tray. Bake at 350° for approximately 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crispy and has rendered all the fat. Remove bacon and pat dry. Save bacon fat.
- Place pine nuts in large, dry saute pan. Turn heat to medium. Toss pine nuts around often to avoid burning. Once golden brown, remove from heat and place in food processor.
- Add cheese, basil, garlic, sugar, salt, pepper, and one handful of arugula to the food processor.
- Turn processor on and slowly pour the bacon fat into the processor. Add olive oil until arugula is incorporated. Stop the processor and add another handful of arugula. Turn the processor back on and slowly pour olive oil until arugula is incorporated. Repeat until arugala is gone. Adjust salt, pepper, and vinegar to taste.
- Toss chicken breasts with olive oil in a mixing bowl. Place on the same sheet tray that you used to cook the bacon. Season with dried spices. Roast at 350° for approximately 45-50 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°. Baste sauce atop chicken during last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Garnish with extra sauce and chopped bacon.
- Variations; Cilantro, parsley, tarragon, spinach, watercress, kale, other vinegar, mustard, wine, roasted tomatoes or bell peppers
Combine arugula, parsley, cheese and oil in food processor and puree until smooth. Arugula pesto is very easy to make and is delicious with a variety of meats, or mixed into some mashed cauliflower, or tossed with some roasted vegetables… I like it with this grilled chicken and I hope you like it too! Pesto Pasta With Chicken, Asparagus & Arugula. Of course, being the carb-loving girl that I am, I'm never one to turn down pasta — especially when pesto is involved. Bacon and pesto stuffed chicken breast is a good example!
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food bacon-arugula pesto chicken recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!