Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, my fried chicken livers. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
My Fried Chicken Livers is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are fine and they look fantastic. My Fried Chicken Livers is something that I have loved my whole life.
Chicken livers are coated with garlic-flavored flour, and deep fried to a golden, crispy brown for an old-time Southern treat. My son loves chicken livers (as do I) and when he tasted these his exact words were "These are possibly the best chicken livers I have ever tasted!" Ready for some Fried Chicken Livers? Alright then, let's head on into the kitchen, and… Let's Get Cooking! … Fried Chicken Livers, you'll need these ingredients. … Place your chicken livers in a colander and gently rinse them with cool running water.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook my fried chicken livers using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make My Fried Chicken Livers:
- Get 1 pint container of chicken livers
- Prepare 1 egg
- Make ready 1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce (optional)
- Get 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Take 1 cup flour
- Make ready 1/4 cup cornmeal
- Get 1 tsp black pepper
- Prepare 1 tsp oregano
- Make ready 1 tsp garlic powder
- Get 1 tsp kosher salt
- Prepare Grapeseed oil or other for frying
- Make ready Lemon wedges
- Prepare Old Bay seasoning
Use chicken livers that are rich in color and firm, at least for liver. Color may vary for livers, but the liver should not be slimy, or have an off smell. I happen to love them and have since I was a child. When preparing fried chicken livers, I follow the same method I use when making fried chicken.
Instructions to make My Fried Chicken Livers:
- Rinse livers in cold water and pat dry with paper towels before trimming them of visible sinew, fat, and areas of green discoloration but otherwise try keep the pieces as big as possible.
- Beat the egg with a fork until uniform then add hot sauce and mustard. Gently drop the livers in the egg wash and toss to coat. Let them marinate for up to 10 minutes while you prepare the breading.
- Mix flour, cornmeal, and the remaining spices in a shallow pan or plate so you can spread the mixture out. Lay the livers on the seasoned flour and let them sit on one side for at least 2 minutes so the coating bonds well to the egg. Gently turn them over and repeat on the other side.
- Heat half an inch of oil in a cast-iron or carbon steel pan. Fry the livers until dark golden brown before flipping, which takes about 2 or 3 minutes depending on the size of the piece. If the liver releases a lot of juice while frying on the first side, sprinkle a pinch of the dredging flour on the top to absorb the moisture and prevent splattering. Flip the livers and continue to cook until they are uniformly brown, another minute to 2 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and dust generously with Old Bay (optional). Serve with raw red onions, lemon wedges, ranch dressing or cocktail sauce and or hot sauce.
A dry dredge mixture with a wet dredge mixture. Kentucky fried chicken livers are a delicious treat. They make excellent appetizers without the gravy or make them with gravy served on top for a main dish. Dredge chicken liver in flour until totally covered. Fry livers turning often until crispy.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food my fried chicken livers recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!