Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, 3 cups chicken (三杯雞). It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
3 cups chicken (三杯雞) is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. 3 cups chicken (三杯雞) is something which I have loved my entire life.
If you love Three Cup Chicken, you have to try this recipe! It's just as good (if not better than the restaurants) yet easy to make at home using organic. 'Three Cup Chicken', a classic Taiwanese recipe which is a personal favourite and easy to cook after a long day at work. The name three cup chicken (三杯鸡) comes from the three key ingredients in the recipe: Sesame oil.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook 3 cups chicken (三杯雞) using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make 3 cups chicken (三杯雞):
- Make ready 300 grams chicken
- Prepare 15 grams ginger
- Get 15 grams scallion
- Take 20 gram basil
- Take 1 chilli
- Take 3 pieces garlic
- Prepare 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- Get 2 tablespoon cooking wine
- Take 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- Take 1 tablespoon sugar
- Get 100 ml Water
I've found a way to preserve this authentic flavor while using a simpler cut of chicken. Three cups chicken is originated from the province of Jiangxi in China. Legend has it that it was created by Wen Tianxiang who was a scholar-general in the last years of the Southern Song Dynasty. He created the chicken dish by using only a cup each of rice wine, lard, and soy sauce, and hence.
Steps to make 3 cups chicken (三杯雞):
- Chop the chili, ginger, garlic and scallion as the picture below. Remove the seed of the chili if you prefer to cut down the spiciness.
- Put the sesame oil and ginger into the pan before turn on the fire.
- Add garlic when you can smell the ginger
- Add chicken and leave the side with skin facing down. Do not move it until it turns golden brown.Add chili and scallion once the chicken is golden brown on both sides.
- Add sugar in the middle of the pan. Let it melted and caramelized. Stir fly evenly so the chicken is coated with sugar.
- Add soy sauce. cooking wine and water. Let it boil for 10 mins until the sauce is concentrated
- Turn off the fire before putting basil in. Stir fry a bit before serving. Voilà ❤️
For my Three Cup Chicken, I like adding a little extra rice wine for the flavor and sweetness it imparts. The additional liquid allows you to cook the chicken for a bit longer, making it more tender, without burning it. I also like to add a bit of brown sugar, which balances out the salty soy sauce and gives the. Originally, "three cup" refers to the equal usage of three main condiments: sesame oil, soy sauce and rice wine. Three-Cup Chicken is not well known in the States, but a staple in Taiwanese cuisine.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food 3 cups chicken (三杯雞) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!