Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, chicken adobo. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken Adobo is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Chicken Adobo is something that I have loved my whole life.
Chicken Adobo is a type of Filipino chicken stew. Chicken pieces are marinated in soy sauce and spices, pan-fried, and stewed until tender. The dish gained popularity because of its delicious taste.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook chicken adobo using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Adobo:
- Prepare 1 cup coconut milk
- Make ready 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Take 1 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- Take 12 clove garlic, peeled
- Make ready 3 whole chilies
- Prepare 3 bay leaves
- Make ready 1 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Make ready 4 lb chicken thighs
The perfect adobo lies in delicate balance of soy sauce, vinegar. Chicken Adobo - crazy delicious Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe made in one pot. You can also use distilled white vinegar. How Do You Make The Best and Authentic Filipino Adobo?
Steps to make Chicken Adobo:
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a large, nonreactive bowl or resealable plastic freezer bag. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- Place chicken and marinade in a large lidded pot or Dutch oven over high heat and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and tender, around 30 minutes.
- Heat broiler. Transfer chicken pieces to a large bowl, raise heat under the pot to medium-high, and reduce the sauce until it achieves almost the consistency of cream, about 10 minutes. Remove bay leaves and chilies.
- Place chicken pieces on a roasting pan and place under broiler for 5 to 7 minutes, until they begin to caramelize. Remove, turn chicken, baste with sauce and repeat, 3 to 5 minutes more. Return chicken to sauce and cook for a few minutes more, then place on a platter and drizzle heavily with sauce.
This tangy, sweet, salty chicken adobo recipe cuts down on the time-consuming process of peeling and slicing a ton of garlic cloves. Filipino Adobo Chicken - Chicken braised in vinegar and soy sauce with lots of garlic. Not only is it so easy to make, but because it's incredibly flavorful and my kids love it! Chicken adobo is a Filipino treasure and considered to be the national dish. Adobo, is often prepared with chicken but can also be made with pork, seafood or even vegetables.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food chicken adobo recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!