Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken adobo. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken Adobo is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Chicken Adobo is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
My Filipino family's chicken adobo recipe is very similar. A generous seasoning of granulated garlic can also be used in place of garlic cloves. A nice variation is also adding a little ground ginger.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook chicken adobo using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Adobo:
- Get Chicken
- Make ready 1 packages chicken legs and thighs
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup soy sauce
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup apple vinegar
- Prepare 1 clove garlic
- Make ready 1 medium chopped onion
- Take 3 bay leaf
- Make ready 1 tsp black pepper
- Make ready 1 tbsp olive oil
In this version, chicken is marinated in vinegar and soy sauce, then slowly cooked with garlic and spices. Chicken adobo is a classic dish in the cuisine of the Philippines, one that predates any external influence. This version is based on a more modern iteration, using soy sauce to provide savory depth and rice vinegar for adobo's signature acidity. Browning the meat, while optional, improves the depth of flavor in both the chicken and the sauce.
Instructions to make Chicken Adobo:
- Chop onion and garlic cloves
- Heat up large sauce pan with olive oil
- Put chopped onion and garlic in pan and saute.
- Once sauteed add cleaned chicken to pan. Also add the black pepper and bay leaves. Add black pepper liberally if you'd like
- Let chicken cook for about 20 minutes. Stirring occasionally till most of the chicken cooked.
- Now add your soy sauce and vinegar to the pan. Set heat to medium. And let simmer about 25-30 min.
- Once cooked sever with some white rice and enjoy!
Chicken adobo is one of the most popular Filipino recipes, other than lumpia and pancit. There are many ways to cook adobo, for example: you can make it with a slow cooker or crock pot chicken adobo, but cooking it on the stove top with a skillet is quick and easy. Chicken Adobo is a delicious recipe where chicken is braised in a marinade made of soy sauce, black pepper, bay leaves and vinegar. This easy version takes a few shortcuts but delivers the same punchy flavor and super tender braised chicken. Add the chicken and turn to coat.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food chicken adobo recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!