Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, sweet soy-sauce boiled vegetables with chicken. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Stir-Fried Prawns with Sweet Soy Sauce and BasilChristine's Recipes. Caramelized Sweet Soy Sauce Chicken Drumsticks - a.k.a. Swiss Sauce ChickenFoodista. soy sauce, soy sauce, vegetable oil, sugar, rice.
Sweet soy-sauce boiled vegetables with chicken is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Sweet soy-sauce boiled vegetables with chicken is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook sweet soy-sauce boiled vegetables with chicken using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet soy-sauce boiled vegetables with chicken:
- Take 1 chicken breast (200g), bite size cut
- Prepare 1 konjac (jelly-like food made from potatoes)
- Make ready 1 carrot ☆
- Make ready 1/4 kabocha ☆
- Prepare 5 cm piece lotus root ☆
- Get 1 burdock root ☆
- Make ready 1 onion
- Take 1 tsp hondashi
- Make ready 200 cc water
- Get 2 TBSP sugar
- Take 2 TBSP cooking sake
- Make ready 2 TBSP soy-sauce
- Prepare 1 TBSP mirin
Place chicken in stock pot and bring to a boil. Cooking rice seasoned with soy sauce and boiled with chicken, and other savory vegetables and bamboo shoots. (Takikomi Gohan in Japanese). Soy Sauce Chicken is a quintessential Chinese favorite, found hanging under heat lamps in many Soy Sauce Chicken: Recipe Instructions. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; arrange chicken in a large vegetable steamer.
Steps to make Sweet soy-sauce boiled vegetables with chicken:
- In a boiling water, put konjac for 3 minutes to remove the smell. After the boil, cut them to bite size by using spoon. (this way, the flavor will sink easier)
- Peel lotus root and cut into 1/2 inch then 1/4 shape. Put them into cold water to remove the harshness.
- Cut all the other vegetables into bite sizes except onion.
- Cut onion 1/4 because it will melt. Other root vegetables won’t melt.
- Cut chicken into bite sizes. Put down with paper towel to remove any water. Season with salt.
- In a large pan, medium-high heat, drizzle oil and sauté chicken until it’s golden brown. 5 minutes.
- Mix ☆vegetables into the pan. Input the ones they are hard to get sautéed like kabocha, lotus root, carrots, konjac and burdock root. The last one is onion.
- After it’s all mixed add water and hondashi broth. Remove any scums from the soup after boiling.
- Now, add sugar and cooking sake. Turn the heat to medium-low. Cover the face of the vegetables with aluminum foil. Cover with lid as well and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and cook for 7 minutes, same way as above. You should not have not much sauce left after 7 minutes. Check the pot often. If the heat is too high, you might burn it.
- Turn the heat to high and pour over mirin to have it shine, one minute.
Add potatoes, water, sweet soy sauce, salt, sugar, nutmeg, and white pepper into the pot and bring to a boil. Adjust with salt and sugar as needed. Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with with. Jjimdak is chicken boiled in a sweetened soy sauce, along with vegetables and noodles. One of Korea's favorite chicken dishes!
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food sweet soy-sauce boiled vegetables with chicken recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!