Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, phyllo chicken pie. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Phyllo chicken pie is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Phyllo chicken pie is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
Pour chicken mixture on fillo dough. Note: Phyllo dough comes in various thicknesses. The thinner the phyllo, the more sheets will be in The pie will still be delicious either way.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook phyllo chicken pie using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Phyllo chicken pie:
- Get Phyllo dough
- Get 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Get 5 teaspoons olive oil
- Get 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Get 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Take 3/4 cup warm water (43 degrees C)
- Prepare Starch mixture for phyllo dough
- Take 1 cup corn starch
- Make ready 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Take Chicken filling
- Get 8 chicken drumsticks
- Make ready 1 big onion
- Prepare 1 bulb of garlic
- Get 1/2 cup olive oil
- Get 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Make ready 3 teaspoons black pepper
- Make ready 2 teaspoons salt
- Make ready 2 teaspoons sugar
- Take 2 cups melted butter
- Take 2 teaspoons icing sugar
Carefully lift the phyllo dough stack and place over the chicken vegetable filling. Try this unique twist on chicken pie using phyllo dough. With ground chicken breast, olive oil, feta cheese, scallions and egg beaters, your family will enjoy the flavor — with fewer calories and less fat. Chicken Florentine Phyllo Pie - A creamy, cheesy and delicious mixture of chicken and spinach nestled between crispy and flaky phyllo sheets.
Instructions to make Phyllo chicken pie:
- Place 2 cups flour in a mixing bowl; make a well in the center. Drizzle in olive oil and add salt; add white wine vinegar and warm water. Mix until dough just comes together and pulls away from the sides of the bowl, 1 or 2 minutes. Transfer dough ball to a lightly floured work surface.
- Knead until dough is smooth, using just enough flour to keep it from sticking to the work surface or your hands, 2 or 3 minutes. Continue to knead until dough is supple and elastic, about 5 more minutes. Wrap dough ball in plastic wrap and let rest at room temperature, 1 to 2 hours.
- Divide dough into 15-20 (20 gram or 30 gram) portions using a kitchen scale; roll each portion into a ball. Place on plate and cover with plastic wrap to prevent dough balls from drying out while you begin to roll them out. Work in batches of 5.
- Mix cornstarch and flour together in a bowl for starch mixture. Dust a work surface and the first dough ball with the cornstarch mixture. Flatten out the dough ball and roll out into a circle, about 5 cm in diameter. Dust again with cornstarch mixture. Set circle to one side. Roll out 4 more dough balls to about the same diameter and stack them on the first one, dusting each layer with more of the cornstarch mixture to keep them from sticking together.
- When you have 5 circles, roll out the stack to a larger circle about double in size, turning as you go to maintain a round shape. Separate each layer and lay out the circles. Re-apply more cornstarch mixture where needed and restack them. Roll again until the 5-layer stack is paper thin, about 10 to 12 inches in diameter. Place on a sheet of parchment paper; top with another piece of parchment. Gently roll up the dough; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate.
- Repeat with the remaining 15 balls of dough in batches of 5.
- Bake chicken drumsticks covered in aluminum foils in oven for 25 minutes (190 degrees C). Dice the onion and garlic. Dice the drumsticks after baking. Save the chicken juice in the aluminum foils.
- Medium heat, pour in olive oil, fry the onion and garlic until softened. Add cinnamon, black pepper, sugar, salt, drumsticks, chicken juice. Add spices to your own preference. Cook it all until it becomes a bit dry, not too juicy, remove from the stove, add beaten eggs, stir and side aside to cool down.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. Butter the pan and the phyllo sheets, stack the phyllo sheets and chicken by “4 layers phyllo + 1/2 chicken + 2 layers phyllo + 1/2 chicken + 4 layers phyllo”. Make sure to cover the side wall of the pan. Fold the phyllo sheets outside of the pan into the middle. Butter the top.
- Cook in oven for 20 minutes. Take out, flip to the other side, cook for another 10 minutes. Flip it back, put on a plate, sprinkle on icing sugar. Ready to serve.
Chicken pot pie is made easy with this recipe that uses canned mushroom soup, frozen veggies, precooked chicken, and phyllo dough. Reviews for: Photos of Chicken Pot Pie with Phyllo Crust. An excellent way to use up leftover chicken or turkey meat. The recipe uses phyllo instead of a carb-dense and high-fat pie crust, which significantly reduces the amount of calories. This Greek Chicken Pie Recipe is made from scratch with the crispiest homemade phyllo.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food phyllo chicken pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!