Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, bao buns. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Bao Buns is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Bao Buns is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
This bao bun recipe makes light, fluffy and pillowy steamed buns which are perfect for stuffing with your favourite fillings. You can use this recipe to shape the bao buns however you like. Follow these simple instructions to make light, fluffy steamed bao buns, from BBC Good Food.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have bao buns using 29 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Bao Buns:
- Take Prep time 3 hrs
- Get Cook time 12-15 mnts
- Make ready 15 Yields
- Take Dough:
- Get 300 gm flour
- Prepare 125 gm cornflour
- Get 3 tbsp sugar
- Take 1 tsp instant yeast
- Take 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Take 60 ml vegetable oil
- Take 180 ml warm water
- Take Chicken:
- Prepare 600 gm chicken breast cut into thin strips
- Make ready 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Make ready 2 tsp grated garlic
- Make ready 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Get 1 tsp cumin powder
- Get 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- Make ready 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- Get 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Take To taste salt
- Get 2 tbsp oil
- Make ready Filling:
- Prepare Sesame seeds
- Take 1/4 cup cabbage shredded
- Take 1 cucumber cut into fine julian
- Prepare Handful fresh coriander
- Take Chopped pickled carrots
- Get Roasted crushed peanuts
Really, calling these bao buns is incorrect (bao means bun, so it's like saying 'bun bun'). They're usually called gua bao but are also sometimes known as Taiwanese hamburgers. Steamed bao buns (包子), a complete guide. Tasty filling with fluffy wrapper, homemade bao buns are super comforting!
Instructions to make Bao Buns:
- Prepare all the ingredients. In a bowl add the ingredients for the dough and knead smoothly. Cover and let it sit in a warm place for about 2 hrs. After 2 hrs, knead the dough for 2 mnts to release the air.
- Roll out the dough upto 1 cm thick. Using a round cutter, cut out circles, place them on a tray lined with cupcake liners. Lift up each circle, fold such that it forms a "The" shape but do not press. Be as gentle as you can. Keep the tray covered with a cloth in a warm place for the buns to proof for 30 mnts.
- Transfer to a steamer and let them steam for 12 to 15 minutes. Your buns will look like as shown in the picture.
- In a wok add ginger garlic paste, Sizzle till fragrant. Add in the sauces and simmer till bubbles appear. Turn the flame to high and add the chicken strips. Stir and cook on high only so the chicken does not release water and remains tender. No water should remain. Turn off the heat and start assembling.
- To assemble the bao buns, open the bun as shown in the picture above. Put in the chicken strips, cabbage, cucumber, carrot, sprinkle coriander, peanuts, sesame seeds and enjoy. This is comfort food for me, I hope you like it too.
Bao means Buns so calling it bao buns doesn't make sense but it is such a cute name! The BEST Bao Buns Recipe & Video. Baozi (Chinese: 包子), or bao, is a type of yeast-leavened filled bun in various Chinese cuisines. There are many variations in fillings (meat or vegetarian) and preparations. Bao buns recipe: Bao buns are delicious and not too difficult to make (Image: Getty).
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food bao buns recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!