Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, braised chicken in pomegranate and walnut sauce. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
This Chicken Stew with Walnut and Pomegranate Sauce recipe is a classic preparation in Persian cooking, going by the name "Fesenjan". Chicken pieces are first browned and then slowly cooked in a sauce with ground toasted walnuts and pomegranate molasses. You might not normally think to.
Braised Chicken In Pomegranate And Walnut Sauce is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Braised Chicken In Pomegranate And Walnut Sauce is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have braised chicken in pomegranate and walnut sauce using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Braised Chicken In Pomegranate And Walnut Sauce:
- Make ready 500 gram chicken thighs with bones
- Get 1 yellow onion grind to paste
- Take 1 tomato grind to paste
- Prepare 1.5 tsp olive oil
- Make ready 1 tbsp butter
- Get 4 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- Take 200 grm walnuts(toasted)1)2
- Take 1/2 tsp sugar
- Take 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- Prepare 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- Take 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- Take 1/4 tsp all spices powder
- Get 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- Take 1 litre cold water
- Take to taste salt
- Make ready Chichicken marinade
- Get 1 tsp paprika powder
- Get 1tsp salt
Check to make sure the sauce is thickened and the chicken is cooked through and knife tender. Add the ground walnuts, pomegranate molasses, brown sugar, saffron, cumin and the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Return the chicken to the sauce, turn to coat and season with. Add the reduced pomegranate juice mixture, ground toasted walnuts, and chicken.
Steps to make Braised Chicken In Pomegranate And Walnut Sauce:
- Grind walnuts until extremely fine with a paste like consistency.
- In a heavy bottomed pan and walnuts and cold water.Bring to boil and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.Turn the heat to simmer.Partially cover with lid and cook for 2 hours;stir occasionally to prevent walnuts from sticking.
- Marinate chicken in salt and paprika powder for 30 minutes.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a nonstick skillet on medium heat.Add chicken pieces and brown on all sides.Remove and keep aside.
- To the same skillet add onion paste;saute until brown and all the water has dried up Remove and keep aside.
- Once the walnut sauce has thickened and reduced in quantity,add chicken pieces,onion paste and the remaining ingredients. Cover and let cook over low heat for 45 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Taste seasoning and adjust accordingly
- Cook uncovered on high heat for 10 minutes so the sauce thickens around the chicken pieces.Turn heat off.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and serve hot with steamed rice.
Check to make sure the sauce is thickened and the chicken is cooked through and knife tender. This recipe reached the kitchens of Baghdad from the cities of Najaf and Karbala. Pomegranate syrup, sometimes called pomegranate molasses, is available in most Middle Eastern and health food stores. If it is unavailable, you Sweet-sour adjustments: Add a little more sugar if the sauce is too tart, a little bit of lime or lemon juice if it is too sweet. How to Make Chicken in Pomegranate & Walnut Sauce.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food braised chicken in pomegranate and walnut sauce recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!