Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken pie. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken pie is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Chicken pie is something that I have loved my whole life.
Combine the broth and soup in a medium saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil. One of our most popular and top-rated meals of all time, this classic chicken pot pie recipe has a flaky, buttery crust, a creamy sauce, and a hearty mix of chicken and whatever vegetables your family loves. Plus, this homemade chicken pot pie is super easy to make, which makes it a great recipe for beginner cooks and busy families alike.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken pie using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken pie:
- Get Ready roll pastry
- Prepare Leftover roast chicken (1/4 to 1/4)
- Prepare 2 sticks celery
- Make ready 2 medium carrots
- Prepare 2 tablespoons frozen peas
- Take 2/3 pint White sauce
- Get 2 tsp chicken gravy granules
- Get Small tin of sweetcorn
- Prepare Egg to glaze pastry
- Prepare Small red onion
Add in some crispy bacon and delicious shortcrust pastry and this easy chicken pie recipe is a winner! Chicken pot pie savory pie filled with cooked chicken, onion, carrot, and peas in a creamy sauce. With a flaky, buttery crust, it's comfort food at its finest. And whiles it's a dish that you can.
Steps to make Chicken pie:
- Dice the onion celery and carrots and soften them in a saucepan in a little oil
- Add the shredded chicken meat, peas and sweetcorn. Make sure you dont add skin or bones from the chicken carcass.
- In a separate pan make a white sauce and add a couple of spoons of gravy granules. Pour this into the other pan with the other hot ingredients and give it a good stir.
- Add the mixture to a pie dish. Dont forget to sit a pie whistle in the middle to help the steam escape.
- Top the dish with the ready rolled pastry, either short crust of puff works well. Brush with beaten egg.
- Put into the oven until the pastry goes golden brown.
- When you take it out of the oven give it a minute or two to cool before serving. Goes well with mash.
Spoon the chicken mixture into the pie plate. Place the remaining pie crust over the filling. Crimp the edges of the top and bottom crusts together. Using a sharp knife, cut several slits in the top crust. A delicious chicken pot pie made from scratch with carrots, peas, and celery for a comfort food classic.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food chicken pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!