Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, refried beans - quick stovetop recipe. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Was searching for a quick recipe after I found I was out of canned refried beans. I halved the recipe, and DID use the liquid from the can (I used black beans, which were great). There wouldn't have been enough liquid otherwise.
Refried Beans - Quick Stovetop Recipe is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Refried Beans - Quick Stovetop Recipe is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have refried beans - quick stovetop recipe using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Refried Beans - Quick Stovetop Recipe:
- Take 2 tbsp. butter, divided
- Make ready 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- Get 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and diced (optional)
- Take 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Take 2 cans (each 15 oz.) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Get 1/2 cup unsalted chicken or veggie broth
- Make ready 1 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- Prepare 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Get 1/2 tsp. oregano
- Prepare Juice from 1/2 lime
- Take 1/4 tsp. salt
- Take 1/8 tsp. pepper
These can be made on the stove-top or in an Instant Pot! Ohhhhhhhh my goodness, I'm so in love with these! Creamy and luscious, these Refried Beans are so comforting! I know for many of you, the thought of making your own refried beans from scratch is probably the last thing you want to think.
Steps to make Refried Beans - Quick Stovetop Recipe:
- In a medium saucepan, melt 1 tbsp. of the butter over med-high heat. Once its melted, add the onion and jalapeno (if using). Cook, stirring often, until they're softened, about 5 minutes. Then stir in the garlic and cook until it's fragrant.
- Stir in the beans, broth, chili powder, cumin and oregano and let this mixture come up to a simmer. Once it begins to bubble, let it simmer for about 5 or so minutes, then remove the pan from the heat. Either use a masher to roughly mash the beans, or use a food processor for a smoother consistency.
- Once the beans are mashed, season with the lime juice, salt and pepper. Then stir in the additional tbsp. of butter until it's all melted and incorporated in. That's it! Serve it up with some yummy toppings.
When ready to cook, drain and rinse. Traditionally, refried beans are made from cooked pinto beans fried with onion and lard or oil, and mashed. Follow your favorite refried bean recipe and use a skillet or pan on your stove top for quick frying. Heating canned refried beans on a stove top helps ensure that all the beans are evenly heated throughout. The Best Refried Beans Recipe from canned OR dried beans!
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food refried beans - quick stovetop recipe recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!