Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, mike's green chile chicken chimmies. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Mike's Huli chicken is broiled over Kiawe wood and naturally flavored with traditional Hawaiian sea salt. Gone are the plantation days but the fragrance of the luau still lingers in the evening air in Kahuku with Mike's Hawaiian-style Kalua Pig. Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas are a classic American family favorite!
Mike's Green Chile Chicken Chimmies is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Mike's Green Chile Chicken Chimmies is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have mike's green chile chicken chimmies using 25 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Green Chile Chicken Chimmies:
- Prepare ● For The Bean Mixture
- Take 2 can (8 oz) Roserita Refried Beans
- Make ready 3 large Chicken Breasts [chopped or shredded]
- Take 2 can (4 oz) Mild Chopped Green Chiles
- Take 1 large Fresh Jalapeño [fine chop - seeds removed]
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup Mexican 3 Cheese
- Prepare 1/2 large Tomato [chopped]
- Get 1/2 White Onion [fine chop]
- Make ready 1/3 cup Fresh Cilantro [chopped]
- Prepare 1 tbsp Fresh Garlic [fine chop] Or 1 tsp Granulated Garlic
- Make ready 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- Make ready 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper [optional]
- Prepare 1/4 tsp Mexican Oregano [crushed]
- Make ready 1 packages McCormick Burrito Seasoning [or add 1 tsp each: onion powder - chile powder - black pepper & include optional cayenne]
- Take ● For The Tortillas
- Take 6 large Flour Tortillas [slightly warmed in microwave]
- Take 1 box Wooden Toothpicks
- Get 1 Bottle High Heat Cooking Oil
- Prepare Garnishments
- Take 6 cup Shredded Lettuce
- Prepare 2 cup Each: Chopped Cilantro - Tomatoes - White Onions
- Take 3 large Chopped Jalapeños [de-seeded]
- Take 1 cup Tub Each: Guacamole & Sour Cream
- Prepare 1 bag Mexican 3 Cheese Or Queso Fresco
- Make ready 2 large Jars Red & Green Salsa
Pour into a large resealable plastic bag with the chicken breasts. Creamy, tangy, and filling, these Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas are an awesome comforting weeknight dinner. Whether you cook a couple of chicken breasts up quickly in a skillet, or use pre-cooked chicken like rotisserie chicken or canned chicken breast, this recipe comes together easily. Like all good New Mexico food, these Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas are simple, earthy, and delicious.
Steps to make Mike's Green Chile Chicken Chimmies:
- Lightly sprinkle de-thawed and fat trimmed chicken breasts with ground cumin, garlic powder and black pepper. Slit open the thicker areas of your breasts with a knife for even baking.
- On no stick tinfoil, bake chicken breasts at 350° for 40 minutes. Slightly cool and chop [or shread] chicken into bite sized pieces. Note: If your chicken is still pink in color or its juices don't run clear, bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes until fully cooked.
- Make sure your veggies in the, "Bean Mixture," category are chopped finely since they will need to soften [cook] in the microwave.
- Mix everything in the, "Bean Mixture," category together well and microwave for 3 minutes. Stir well and microwave 3 additional minutes. Place back in microwave and heat for 4 more minutes and let it sit until you're ready to construct your chimichangas.
- Chop all garnishments and place back in fridge.
- Re-heat your bean mixture until hot if it has cooled down before the next step.
- Slightly warm flour tortillas and place hot beans in the center. Do not over fill tortillas. Place cheese on top of beans.
- For even distribution of bean mixture, lay out all of your warmed tortillas on the counter and place beans on top.
- Fold down top and bottom of tortilla over beans and then fold in the sides. Secure the middle and edges with toothpicks. Make sure there are no openings for beans or cheeses to escape. Repeat process for all 6 chimichangas.
- Heat 2" deep oil on high and place 2 chimichangas in your pan toothpick sides down. Do not overload your pan as it will cool off your oil and saturate your burritos. Your bean mixture is fully cooked so you're only browning and crisping your tortillas. Fry chimichangas about 1 minute on each side. Be careful not to burn.
- Drain chimichangas on paper towels and serve on a bed of lettuce, [or fresh cabbage if you desire] and top with additional garnishments. These vegetables can also act as a taco salad side dish. REMEMBER TO REMOVE ALL TOOTHPICKS! :0)
- If you choose to oven bake these, follow the same instructions but bake at 350° for 30 minutes [or until browned] turning once.
- Why not make my, "Mike's Easy Chile Verde Sauce," and serve an unforgettable, "Smothered Green Chile Chicken Chimichanga." - - https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/367872-mikes-easy-chile-verde-sauce
- Add Chile Verde sauce just before serving. Serve dish immediately. Enjoy!
Its heat depends on the chiles; go with Anaheims if you scorch easily. One Of Our Favorite Mexican Dishes - Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas Recipe!! Corn Tortillas Stuffed With Chicken, Cheese, Green Chile Enchilada Sauce, Sour Cream, And Green Chiles, Topped With More Sauce And Cheese! Get TV star Jesse Tyler Ferguson's recipe for cheesy, spicy chicken enchiladas at Food & Wine. Simmer over moderately low heat, turning the chicken occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food mike's green chile chicken chimmies recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!