Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, orange chicken - instant pot. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
When the pot is hot, add oil and heat until shimmering. Took the advice of a review and cut up chicken into bite size pieces and trimmed off fat. Bright and fresh orange flavors are combined with Asian flavors to make this perennial take-out favorite at home.
Orange Chicken - Instant Pot is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Orange Chicken - Instant Pot is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have orange chicken - instant pot using 24 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Orange Chicken - Instant Pot:
- Take 2 lbs chicken breast cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- Take 2 Tbsp oil
- Take 1/4 c orange juice
- Get 1/3 White or yellow onion chopped large
- Get sauce
- Get 3/4 c orange juice
- Take 1 tbps hot sauce or taco sauce
- Prepare 1 tbps white wine
- Get 1/3-1/2 c tomato sauce
- Prepare 1/4 c soy sauce
- Make ready 1 tbsp curry and ginger powder mixed as you see fit
- Take 1/4 c sugar
- Take 1/4 c brown sugar
- Make ready Orange zest
- Get thickener
- Make ready 2-3 tbsp cornstarch
- Prepare 2 Tbsp orange juice
- Take garnish
- Take 1/2 c cashews
- Get Green onion - chopped
- Make ready Orange zest
- Take rice
- Make ready Make some white rice or brown rice or a rice packet
- Get Enough rice to be happy
And it's made fast and easy in your Instant Pot. Related: SLOW COOKER orange chicken recipe. This Orange Chicken is great served over steamed rice or with cauliflower rice. How To Make Orange Chicken In The Instant Pot?
Steps to make Orange Chicken - Instant Pot:
- Dry chicken breasts with paper towels, make them dry. Don't skip this. Chop chicken into 1-2in chunks.
- Turn instant pot to saute on high (more). When it is at Hot, add the oil, chopped onion and chopped chicken. Stir constantly until chicken is just browned on all sides.
- Add the 1/4c orange juice and deglaze the pot with a wooden spoon. When done, cancel the instant pot.
- Add the sauce ingredients to sauteed chicken. Add everything under sauce section and stir until combined and over all chicken pieces.
- Manual pressure cook for 6 minutes. Natural release 10-12 minutes. While your waiting, make the thickener… Mix the cornstarch and orange juice until all clumps are gone. More cornstarch equals thicker sauce.
- Release the pressure and turn back on saute mode (low or normal now). Add the cashews from garnish section. Slowly mix in thickener slurry and stir while cooking for 2-3 minutes until sauce is thick.
- Turn off instant pot. Let sit for 5-7 minutes.
- Spoon over there rice and add green onion and zest as final garnish when serving. Enjoy it inside your face.
Make the sauce: Place orange juice, sugar, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, Chinese wine, garlic, sesame oil, ginger, cayenne pepper, and orange zest in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Place the cornstarch, salt, and pepper together in a gallon-sized zip-top bag. Pour the sugars, rice wine, soy sauce, sesame oil, fresh ginger root, garlic cloves, pepper flakes, and orange zest into the Instant Pot. Add back into the Instant Pot. Next, add in the orange marmalade.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food orange chicken - instant pot recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!