Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, sweet potato and spinach soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Sweet Potato and Spinach soup is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look fantastic. Sweet Potato and Spinach soup is something that I have loved my entire life.
Sweet potato and spinach soup is a quick, easy, hearty and comforting soup. Nourishing, delicious and rich in flavour this healthy green soup is a perfect soup for those winter lunch moments! Folks, I can guarantee that this sweet potato and spinach soup will warm your bones on any cold winters day!
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have sweet potato and spinach soup using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet Potato and Spinach soup:
- Prepare 2 large sweet potatoes
- Make ready 3 medium red potatoes
- Get 1 large onion
- Make ready 1 cup diced carrots
- Take 1 cup diced celery
- Make ready 1 small avocado
- Take 1 cup low fat sour cream
- Take 1 can nonfat evaporated milk
- Prepare 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- Prepare 1 tsp basil
- Get 1 tsp thyme
- Prepare 1 tsp nutmeg
- Make ready 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Take 1 tbsp splenda or other nonsugar sweetener
- Prepare 6 cup water
- Take 1 can spinach (or fresh or frozen spinach)
Add the peeled and chopped sweet potato, spinach and vegetable stock. Add the sweet potatoes to the pan along with the vegetable broth or water and the rest of the coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Add chicken stock and increase the heat to high. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
Steps to make Sweet Potato and Spinach soup:
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes. Add to crockpot and cover with water.
- Add bouillon cubes.
- Peel and dice red potatoes and carrots and add to pot.
- Dice celery and onion. Add to pot. Add water to cover.
- Add evaporated milk, thyme, basil and nutmeg.
- Drain and rinse canned spinach. If using fresh, then shred leaves. Add to pot.
- Mash avocado and add to sour cream. Stir to blend and add to pot.
- Add cinnamon to sugar substitute, mix and add to pot.
- Add water if needed to cover ingredients. Cook on high for ~3 hours or until vegetables are done. Remove from heat.
- Use a blender or food processor to puree soup into a creamy blend. Serve garnished with a touch of nutmeg or a cinnamon stick.
Use a potato masher to roughly mash the potatoes in order to thicken the broth. Lentils, sweet potatoes, onions, and spinach are a few simple vegan ingredients are cooked with aromatic and flavorful Indian spices to quickly create an utterly delicious and hearty meal. Thanks to our family friend Wendy for this keeper! Lentil Soup with Sweet Potatoes and Spinach - This easy lentil soup is packed with flavor, protein, and nutrients. This lentil soup also freezes beautifully, another reason I love this comforting soup.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food sweet potato and spinach soup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!