Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, sweet potato and spinach soup. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Sweet potato and spinach soup is a quick, easy, hearty and comforting soup. Nourishing, delicious and rich in flavour this healthy green soup is a perfect soup for those winter lunch moments! Folks, I can guarantee that this sweet potato and spinach soup will warm your bones on any cold winters day!
Sweet Potato and Spinach soup is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Sweet Potato and Spinach soup is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have sweet potato and spinach soup using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet Potato and Spinach soup:
- Take 2 large sweet potatoes
- Prepare 3 medium red potatoes
- Get 1 large onion
- Take 1 cup diced carrots
- Make ready 1 cup diced celery
- Take 1 small avocado
- Make ready 1 cup low fat sour cream
- Get 1 can nonfat evaporated milk
- Make ready 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- Take 1 tsp basil
- Prepare 1 tsp thyme
- Take 1 tsp nutmeg
- Prepare 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Get 1 tbsp splenda or other nonsugar sweetener
- Make ready 6 cup water
- Get 1 can spinach (or fresh or frozen spinach)
Add the peeled and chopped sweet potato, spinach and vegetable stock. Add the sweet potatoes to the pan along with the vegetable broth or water and the rest of the coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Add chicken stock and increase the heat to high. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
Steps to make Sweet Potato and Spinach soup:
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes. Add to crockpot and cover with water.
- Add bouillon cubes.
- Peel and dice red potatoes and carrots and add to pot.
- Dice celery and onion. Add to pot. Add water to cover.
- Add evaporated milk, thyme, basil and nutmeg.
- Drain and rinse canned spinach. If using fresh, then shred leaves. Add to pot.
- Mash avocado and add to sour cream. Stir to blend and add to pot.
- Add cinnamon to sugar substitute, mix and add to pot.
- Add water if needed to cover ingredients. Cook on high for ~3 hours or until vegetables are done. Remove from heat.
- Use a blender or food processor to puree soup into a creamy blend. Serve garnished with a touch of nutmeg or a cinnamon stick.
Use a potato masher to roughly mash the potatoes in order to thicken the broth. Lentils, sweet potatoes, onions, and spinach are a few simple vegan ingredients are cooked with aromatic and flavorful Indian spices to quickly create an utterly delicious and hearty meal. Thanks to our family friend Wendy for this keeper! Lentil Soup with Sweet Potatoes and Spinach - This easy lentil soup is packed with flavor, protein, and nutrients. This lentil soup also freezes beautifully, another reason I love this comforting soup.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food sweet potato and spinach soup recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!