Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, instant pot jamaican jerk chicken thighs. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Jamaican Jerk Chicken Thighs are just one of many wishlist items I have had on my radar to try with my Instant Pot. A couple of months back, I attended our annual Ethnic Enrichment Festival here in Kansas City. Jamaican jerk chicken is made by marinating the chicken in a rich cocktail of bold and earthy spices.
Instant Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken Thighs is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Instant Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken Thighs is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook instant pot jamaican jerk chicken thighs using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Instant Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken Thighs:
- Get 4 Chicken Thighs
- Prepare 1 Habanero, chopped Authentic Jerk uses scotch bonnet peppers. If you have access to these, feel free to use them. Habanero is a close substitute
- Make ready 1 Tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Get 1 Tablespoon lime, juice
- Get 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- Make ready 1/2 onion, chopped
- Prepare 3 green onions (scallions), chopped
- Get 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- Take 1 Teaspoon fresh or jarred ginger
- Take 1/2 Teaspoon nutmeg
- Get 1 Teaspoon ground allspice
- Make ready 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- Get 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Make ready 2 Teaspoon Creole Seasoning, I used Tony Chachere
- Take to taste salt and pepper
This recipe for Instant Pot Jerk Chicken combines two of my favorite things. It's an Instant Pot chicken recipe your taste buds can get excited about! Most of my recipe inspiration comes from combining two things I already love. Jamaican Jerk Instant Pot Chicken Thighs.
Steps to make Instant Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken Thighs:
- Combine all of the ingredients (except for the olive oil and chicken) in a blender. Blend well for about 30 seconds.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry.
- Place the chicken in a Ziploc bag. Drizzle 1/2 of the marinade over the chicken in the bag.
- Seal the bag tightly. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight, to marinate.
- Pour the olive oil into the Instant Pot.
- Place the Instant Pot on the Saute function. Brown both sides of the chicken for 4-5 minutes total.
- Drizzle the remaining marinade over the chicken.
- Close the Instant Pot and Seal. Cook on Manual/High-Pressure Cooking for 14 minutes.
- When the pot indicates it has finished, quick release the steam.
- Cool before serving.
- Notes - Habanero and scotch bonnet peppers are very HOT peppers. Be sure to be very careful during use. If you prefer a less spicy marinade, jalapenos can be used as a substitute. - Nutrition - Calories: 246kcal
Crock Pot Jamaican Jerk ChickenFlour On My Face. Hot, succulent Jamaican Jerk Chicken is a tropical treat. You'll love the heat and flavor of this fiery marinade. I found this recipe to be very good used in the crock pot. Instead of using the mixture as a marinade just put it in the crock pot with either the chicken as indicated or with a good pork shoulder.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food instant pot jamaican jerk chicken thighs recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!