Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, easy kerala chicken curry. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Easy Kerala Chicken Curry is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Easy Kerala Chicken Curry is something which I have loved my whole life.
We have introduced a very easy Kerala Chicken Curry which is undoubtedly one of the best chicken curries. Chicken curry well flavored with spices. It goes well with pathiri, any sort of rice variants ( ghee rice, pulao, normal rice) and any Indian bread.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook easy kerala chicken curry using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Kerala Chicken Curry:
- Prepare 350 gms chicken
- Get 2 large finely sliced onions
- Prepare 3 large finely sliced tomatoes
- Take 1 big pc ginger
- Get 8-10 cloves big garlic
- Prepare 5-6 shallots/pearl onions
- Make ready 4-5 slit green chillies
- Make ready as required Mix of whole garam masala
- Get 3 tsp red chilli powder
- Prepare 3 tsp coriander powder
- Get 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Take to taste Salt
- Get as needed Coriander leaves for garnish
- Take 1 handful curry leaves
How to make Easy One Pot Nadan Chicken Curry - Easy Kerala Chicken Curry Step by Step: In a pan or kadai or in a pressure cooker, Add sliced onion, all the masala powder, ginger garlic paste, curry leaves and coconut oil. Using your hands, very thoroughly mix everything together until well combined. I think if you are from Kerala and you love Chicken Curry I am pretty sure that you have had this kind of curry. As most of the home make some curry like this , ofcourse recipe might be a little different.
Instructions to make Easy Kerala Chicken Curry:
- Take a pressure cooker. Pour oil. Once the oil is heated, add the whole garam masala like cloves 3, cinnamon 1 small pc, 1 tsp fennel (saunf), 2 elaichi, 5-6 whole peppercorns and a small pc of bay leaf
- Add onions and fry till translucent.
- Add ginger, garlic and shallots crushed and fry till onions starts becoming golden.
- Add tomatoes and green chillies and fry well.
- Add the red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt and cook on low flame till oil starts coming on top.
- Add chicken and curry leaves and mix well. Keep the flame on low and keep stirring 5-6 minutes.
- Pour required amount of water and close and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Once the pressure subsides, open the cooker and garnish with coriander leaves. Adjust salt. Close and leave it to rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy with your favourite roti or rice!!
Even if you think the ingridient list is long it is a pretty easy Curry to make. Nadan kozhi curry or nadan chicken curry (translated as country chicken curry) is the most basic chicken curry from down South, Kerala, though a bit spicy, sauted in coconut oil and lastly a small seasoning with curry leaves and whole red chillies makes this one truly traditional and special. Besides, chicken curry is probably the most common type of curry eaten in Sri Lanka and any other part of the world for that matter. If you're new to the world of EASY - This is a great starting recipe for novice cooks or those who are new to making curries. To make it easier, you can use boneless.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food easy kerala chicken curry recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!