Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, naatukozhi kuzhambu country chicken curry. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Spicy country chicken curry or Nattu Kozhi Kuzhambu (in Tamil) is one of the famous dishes in Sri Lanka. Despite the fact that country chicken is healthy compared to an ordinary chicken, it is a little hard to bite. Thus, some people avoid country chicken.
Naatukozhi Kuzhambu Country Chicken Curry is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Naatukozhi Kuzhambu Country Chicken Curry is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook naatukozhi kuzhambu country chicken curry using 26 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Naatukozhi Kuzhambu Country Chicken Curry:
- Make ready 1/2 kg Country Chicken pieces
- Get 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- Prepare 1 tsp Castor Oil
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- Get 3 tsp Sesame Oil
- Make ready 3 tsp Coriander seeds
- Take 1/4 tsp Fennel seeds
- Take 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- Take 6 Pepper corns
- Get 5 Dry Red Chillies
- Take 5 Fenugreek seeds
- Get 1/4 inch Cinnamon stick
- Take 2 cloves
- Get 2 tsp Curry leaves
- Take 10-15 Shallots
- Take 1 Small size Tomato roughly chopped
- Prepare 1/4 cup Grated Coconut
- Make ready 1 Green Chilli
- Prepare to taste Rock Salt
- Get As needed Water
- Prepare 3 tsp Coriander leaves
- Make ready For Tempering
- Make ready 1 tsp Coconut Oil or Sunflower Oil
- Make ready 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- Take 5 Shallots roughly chopped
- Prepare 2 tsp Curry leaves
This curry is also called as nattu kozhi kuzhambu / naattu kozhi kulambu / nadan kozhi curry / village style chicken curry / chicken kulambu recipe and like so. Country chicken / nattu kozhi / house chicken is the term used to refer the chickens which have been raised in the villages. Now back to today's recipe, this one is a authentic chicken kulambu recipe. They call for local ingredients and fresh ground spices which take this chicken curry to a whole new level.
Instructions to make Naatukozhi Kuzhambu Country Chicken Curry:
- Wash the chicken pieces twice by adding some turmeric powder.
- In a pressure cooker, add chicken pieces, 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste and castor oil. Cover and cook for 7 whistles.
- Open the cooker lid once the pressure goes off.
- In a kadai, add 1 tsp Sesame Oil, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, peppercorns, red chillies, fenugreek seeds, cinnamon, cloves and curry leaves. Fry it in medium flame till we get a nice aroma from it or till it turns light brown colour. Transfer to a bowl. Cool it completely.
- In the same kadai, add 2 tsp Sesame Oil and shallots. Saute in medium flame till it becomes translucent. And then add tomatoes and saute for 5 mins. Transfer to another bowl. Cool it completely.
- Add the 1st roasted items in a mixie grind it to a powder. Then add the onion tomato mixture, grated coconut,1/2 tsp Turmeric powder, green chilli and grind to a smooth paste by adding water gradually.
- In a currypan, add the cooked chicken along with that water and add the ground paste. Add salt and required water. Mix well. Cover with a lid and cook till raw smell goes off and chicken gets cooked.
- In a tadka pan, add the ingredients given for tempering. Saute till shallots becomes translucent. Add this to the Kuzhambu or Curry. Mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Now it's ready to serve hot with rice, idli and dosa.
This recipe takes some time to make but it is worth every minute. The end result was so good. Turn off the heat and let it sit till steam escapes. Naatu Kozhi Kuzhambu, the flavorful chicken curry made from cornish hen and indian spices. Recently i came to know from mullai blog that the cornish hen available in US, have the taste and flavor almost similar to our naatu kozhi.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food naatukozhi kuzhambu country chicken curry recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!