Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, kerala style chicken curry. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chicken curry well flavored with spices. It goes well with pathiri, any sort of rice variants ( ghee rice, pulao, normal rice) and any Indian bread. It is an easy peasy recipe for Kerala Chicken Curry which suits for a weekday menu.
Kerala Style Chicken Curry is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Kerala Style Chicken Curry is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have kerala style chicken curry using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Kerala Style Chicken Curry:
- Take 1 kg Chicken
- Get 4 Onion medium sized
- Take 1 tsp Ginger
- Make ready 10-12 garlic cloves
- Take 3-4 Green chillies
- Make ready 2 Tomatoes
- Take 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Take 2 tsp coraiander powder
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Get To taste Salt
- Take 1 teaspoon Lime juice
- Make ready 1/2 cup Coconut milk
- Get 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- Make ready 1 tsp black pepper powder
- Take as needed Coconut oil
- Get 1 tsp Curry leaves
I have been getting request to upload recipes with step by step picture. This is in fact the first recipe which I am uploading with step by step pictures. Chicken Recipe chicken curry recipe with step by step pictures, chicken curry with thick gravy, kerala style chicken curry. Dry roast the above listed ingredients " To Dry Roast" for a minute and when they start to turn brown, add the.
Instructions to make Kerala Style Chicken Curry:
- Marinate chicken with turmeric,salt and lime juice
- Dry roast chilli powder and coriander powder till it's raw smell goes and become slight brown in color. mix it to the marinate and rest it for 15 mins
- In a pan add coconut oil, saute onions, ginger, garlic & green chillies
- Once it is brown add tomatoes and saute well till the tomatoes are well cooked
- Add in the marinated chicken to this and mix well.transfer this mixture to a pressure cooker,add 1 cup of water and cook for 2 whistles.
- Make sure the chicken is well cooked. To this add coconut milk,garam masala powder and pepper powder. Cook for another 5 mins and garnish with coriander leaves..
Nadan Khozi is an aromatic chicken dish from Kerala, in southern India. Nadan Khozi is a typical curry in Keralan houses, where the blend of spices differs just a little from home to home. The ingredient list might look long, but don't let it daunt you—once you understand that all Indian food is. An authentic Kerala Style Chicken Curry, embraces the rustic style of chicken simmered in coconut milk and indian spices. While it have variations in the level of spices and ingredients used across regions, it never fails to find its way in weekend lunch menu.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food kerala style chicken curry recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!