Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, creamed spinach and bacon. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Creamed spinach and bacon is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Creamed spinach and bacon is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
The spinach gets its creaminess from a béchamel sauce based on a flour and butter roux. There's actually no cream in the spinach! The bacon adds wonderful flavor, but you can easily skip it if you want.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have creamed spinach and bacon using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Creamed spinach and bacon:
- Get 1 packet chopped spinach
- Prepare 2 rashers bacon (chopped into small pieces)
- Prepare Half green pepper(chopped)
- Make ready Half red pepper (chopped)
- Make ready 3 full spoons of butter
- Prepare 4 full spoons of flour
- Prepare 250 ml milk
- Take Chicken spice
- Take Black pepper
- Make ready 2 cheese slices
- Take 1 teaspoon oil
Whatever you feel about creamed spinach, let bacon change it. Fold in spinach until warmed through and wilted. Transfer to serving dish and garnish with crispy bacon. Judy Kim Judy Kim is a New York based food stylist, recipe developer, culinary producer and creative consultant.
Instructions to make Creamed spinach and bacon:
- Boil your spinach until the water runs out and the spinach is fully cooked.
- Pour oil into a frying pan and fry your peppers. Add bacon and fry till it is well done.
- Place peppers and bacon in a seperate bowl.
- In the same frying pan add your butter and wait for it to melt. On the side mix flour and milk, stir until the mixture is smooth then add onto the butter. Add cheese and stir till it has melted. Then add your chicken spice.
- Add your spinach to the mixture and stir till everything is mixed together then add peppers and bacon. Then add your black pepper for flavour.
This Creamed Spinach with Bacon recipe is a traditional creamed spinach recipe taken to the next level with crisp bacon and gooey cheese. They are all about getting together with family, spending time together, and, if you're anything like my family, lots and lots of food! Heat a nonstick skillet over low heat. Transfer bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain; reserve bacon fat. Pop in the spinach and cook for a few mins more, until wilted.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food creamed spinach and bacon recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!