Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, lime chicken quesadillas. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Honey Lime Chicken Quesadillas are filled with chicken, peppers, onions and cheese and are the perfect easy weeknight or summer meal! They're cheesy, spicy, and totally delicious. Put the chicken in a medium saucepan.
Lime Chicken Quesadillas is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Lime Chicken Quesadillas is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have lime chicken quesadillas using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Lime Chicken Quesadillas:
- Make ready 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken
- Make ready 1/2 cup key lime juice
- Get 6 large white flour tortillas
- Get 1 tsp butter (optional)
- Get 8 oz mild shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare 1 tbsp coarse salt
A quesadilla is a Mexican dish and type of taco, consisting of a tortilla that is filled primarily with cheese, and sometimes meats, beans, and spices. Cook these crowd-pleasing vegetarian quesadillas on the grill at your tasty Mexican Cinco de Mayo party. Lime-Spiked Sour Cream Honey Lime Chicken Quesadillas. So happy to have the talented Cindy Larkin back today.
Instructions to make Lime Chicken Quesadillas:
- In a suitable storage container(I prefer glass) place chicken and 1/4-3/8 cup key lime juice and approx. 1/2 tbsp. salt. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator. Melt butter in skillet over low heat. Add remaining salt and distribute evenly in pan. Add chicken and discard liquid from storage container.
- Increase heat to high and char outside of chicken. Actually burn it a little. Add remaining lime juice a bit at a time. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until chicken is cooked throughout(Maybe 20 minutes?)
- Remove chicken from heat and cool completely. Once cooled pull chicken or cut into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Get separate larger skillet and place tortilla in this. Add small amount of chicken(if you add too much your tortilla will fall apart). Add cheese to taste(I like a lot; this melts so that's okay). Heat over low heat until tortilla starts to feel firm. Fold over and continue cooking until both sides have crisped(I like mine slightly burnt) and cheese is melted. Enjoy!
The quesadillas she's sharing look AMAZING and sound. Tip: To make this Tex-Mex chicken recipe into a meal, serve with a mixed green salad dressed with a fresh lime vinaigrette, if you like. Take off the heat and let cool. Last year I took part (Lime Chipotle Chicken Quesadillas) in one. Zesty chicken and cooked peppers are a tasty delight when mixed with cheese and stuffed in a tortilla to create chicken quesadillas.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food lime chicken quesadillas recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!