Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, chinese poached chicken with slow cooker. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chinese Poached Chicken with Slow Cooker is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Chinese Poached Chicken with Slow Cooker is something that I have loved my whole life.
Chinese Poached Chicken with Slow Cooker Originally cooked in the pot over the stove, but since it's too hot here to use stove/oven, I cooked it in a slow cooker. Instructions to make Chinese Poached Chicken with Slow Cooker: Add water, ginger, garlic, scallions and salt to the slow cooker. Chinese Poached Chicken with Slow Cooker step by step.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have chinese poached chicken with slow cooker using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chinese Poached Chicken with Slow Cooker:
- Make ready 2 kg (4 lbs) chicken thigh
- Take 5 cm (2 inches) ginger, cut into 3 parts and then crushed
- Prepare 10 garlic cloves, crushed
- Take 4 green onion, the white part only, cut 1 inch
- Take 2-3 tsp salt (according to taste)
- Get 1 liter (1 quart) water
- Prepare as needed soy sauce
- Make ready 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- Prepare 10 garlic cloves, chopped
When cool enough to handle, debone the chicken. Use the chicken meat in any recipe calling for cooked chicken. For many Chinese households, Chinese poached chicken (pak cham kai or white cut chicken) is a must-have dish during the Chinese New Year and festivities. Eaten together with a ginger dipping oil, it is an absolutely delectable dish loved by many.
Steps to make Chinese Poached Chicken with Slow Cooker:
- Add water, ginger, garlic, scallions and salt to the slow cooker. Stir well. Add chicken. - Put the slow cooker lid on, press the "low" button and set the timer for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, check if the chicken has been cooked or not. Otherwise, cook for another hour (this depends on the size of the chicken).
- Take the chicken out (save the broth for another use), brush the chicken with soy sauce.
- Heat sesame oil, saute the chopped garlic until golden brown. Keep stirring, don't let it get burnt. Pour the garlic and the oil over the chicken that has been brushed with soy sauce.
- Serve it with Hainanese rice (recipe 👉 https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/5403953-hainanese-rice-with-rice-cooker?via=sidebar-recipes) or warm white rice.
A Classic Chinese Poached Chicken Recipe. My parents made this poached chicken for years, and I've been eating it since I was a kid. The poached, always whole chicken was a welcome sight during Chinese New Year, Qing Ming (清明), birthdays, or even just a mahjong party when my parents invited friends over for a friendly game! The chicken is so juicy, you can eat it plain with no sauce, I swear. But because I love sauces so much, I'm serving this perfect poached chicken breast with a classic Ginger Shallot (Scallion) Sauce.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food chinese poached chicken with slow cooker recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!