Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, whole roasted apple & garlic chicken. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Whole roasted apple & garlic chicken is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Whole roasted apple & garlic chicken is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
Roasted apples are a delicious, healthy treat perfect for any time of year. Sliced roasted apples make a great topping for ice cream or yogurt. Whole roasted apples are an impressive dessert.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have whole roasted apple & garlic chicken using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Whole roasted apple & garlic chicken:
- Take 5 lb whole chicken
- Get 1 onion (diced)
- Take 1 apple (diced)
- Take 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- Get 1/2 cup carrots
- Prepare 4 each small red potatoes
- Prepare 2 tbsp butter
- Prepare 1 tsp salt & pepper
- Take 2 dash season salt
Toss together with lemon juice, half of the melted butter, sage, salt and pepper. Simply Roasted Apples & Potatoes are the perfect combination of sweet and savory. I'm the recipe developer and cookbook author behind The Whole Cook. I create recipes the whole family will love using real (and really tasty) foods..
Steps to make Whole roasted apple & garlic chicken:
- Preheat oven to 400
- Wash your bird, remove the guts, and pat dry
- Place the chicken in an olive oil coated pan. I use my 13x9 pyrex.
- Mix together the apple & onion then stuff that bird full. If there's extra then just sprinkle it around in the pan. For a true "stuffing" just mix in some cold cornbread.
- Use your finger to loosen the skin, then shove the garlic bits in various places under the skin. Try to get some all over & on both sides.
- Cut up the potatoes into quarters and put them around the chicken
- Mix the season salt, salt & pepper and sprinkle it over everything. You can add additional seasonings to suit your taste
- Place butter in each corner of the pan & on top
- Cover the bird with foil (usually takes 2 sheets) and bake for 1.5 hours
- Remove the foil and bake another 20 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 170
- Let it rest for about 10 minutes before you cut it
When the butter begins to brown add the apples and kosher salt. Start cutting up the apples, cut small ones in half and larger ones in quarters. Stir occasionally as the apples start to break up. The steam from the water you added and the liquid coming out of the apples as they cook makes the apples nice and soft. Apple Dessert Recipes Baked Apples Baked Apples.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food whole roasted apple & garlic chicken recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!