Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, trini chicken. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Trini Chicken is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Trini Chicken is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
Recipe for: Trini style curry chicken. Ingredients Clean chicken and season with green seasoning and salt and pepper and optionally a tbsp of curry powder(not necessary but add to the flavour). Chinese-style chicken is a dish you can find all over Trinidad and within the diaspora that has followed the nation's emergence from British rule.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have trini chicken using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Trini Chicken:
- Take 4 (4 oz) chicken breasts, rinse and pat dry
- Make ready 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- Get 2 tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- Get 2 T reduced sodium soy sauce
- Prepare 1 small onion, chopped
- Get 1 tsp each of dried thyme, basil, chive and oregano
- Get 3 T EVOO oil
- Make ready 2 T brown sugar
- Get 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Make ready 1 red bell pepper, chopped
Put chicken in a large bowl, add water until it covers the chicken. Squeeze lime juice in the water and put the peel in Add chicken to the large bowl with half sliced onion, tomato, green onion and cilantro. First up, Trinidad Stewed Chicken or "Stew Chicken" as we say in the local parlance. Browning is a non-optional step if you're really interested in getting that authentic Trini flavor in your dish.
Steps to make Trini Chicken:
- For marinade, combine garlic, ginger, soy sauce, onion, herbs and 2 T oil in a dish.
- Add chicken and cover with marinade. Let marinate at least 1 hr.
- Heat remaining oil in heavy pot. Before oil gets hot, add sugar. When sugar starts to bubble, lower heat.
- Quickly and carefully add chicken and marinade. Cover pot for 1 min. Uncover and stir until chicken is browned. Cover.
- Turn chicken occasionally, allowing liquid to partially evaporate, until cooked tender or about 30 min. If needed, add 1/2 - 1 c water.
- During last 10 min. of cooking, add tomatoes and bell pepper.
The basis of Stew Chicken is Green Seasoning. We made green seasoning back when we cooked Guyana. Chicken is browned and simmered in a spicy coconut sauce. Adjust the amount of hot pepper to suit Place chicken on a plate. Sprinkle the green onion, cilantro, garlic, onion, salt and pepper over it.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food trini chicken recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!