Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, shredded mexican chicken - slow cooker. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
The chicken cooks until its fork tender, then shredded and added back to the seasoned juices to re-absorb the flavor in every crevice. At this point, you drain any excess liquid. I like to save the seasoned liquid to cook my rice in like I first did in my Slow Cooker Fajita Chicken - so good - some of the.
Shredded Mexican Chicken - Slow Cooker is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Shredded Mexican Chicken - Slow Cooker is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook shredded mexican chicken - slow cooker using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Shredded Mexican Chicken - Slow Cooker:
- Prepare 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Take 1/2 cup salsa
- Take 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- Make ready 1 can (4 oz.) mild diced green chilies
- Make ready 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
- Get 1/2 onion, diced
- Take 1 tbsp. chili powder
- Get 1 tsp. salt
- Make ready 1 tsp. cumin
- Take 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Make ready 1 tsp. onion powder
- Get 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. oregano
- Take 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Take 1 tsp. liquid smoke
- Make ready 1/2 tsp. ground chipotle chili pepper (optional for more heat)
Place chicken on top and cover with remaining salsa. I just shred the chicken right in the crock pot even because I don't like to dirty extra dishes! 🙂. But feel free to take it out to shred it and Place chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker. Top with all of the remaining ingredients.
Instructions to make Shredded Mexican Chicken - Slow Cooker:
- Grease the inside of the slow cooker. Place the chicken in the bottom.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the rest of the ingredients. Then pour over the top of the chicken.
- Cook either on high for 3-4 hours OR low for 6-7 hours, until the chicken is tender enough to shred easily.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and allow it to rest for 5 minutes or so, then use 2 forks to shred it. Stir the chicken back into the remaining juices/salsa mix and cook on low for an additional 20 minutes.
- After the additional 20 minutes, remove the chicken from the slow cooker with a slotted spoon. Use the chicken in your favorite recipe (some suggestions are listed in the recipe description and a few are pictured below)!
- Chicken Nachos –>
- Chicken Quesadilla Pie. –>
- Southwestern Style Chicken Potato Skins –>
- Easy Chicken Taquitos –>
Easy Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Chicken simmered with Mexican spices, salsa and green chilies for amazingly flavorful chicken for tacos, burritos, nachos. Mexican shredded chicken is so delicious, versatile and EASY. And here are three ways to make it - Instant Pot, slow cooker and stovetop. You can shred it using only two forks. Mexican shredded chicken is so versatile, and you can use it in so many different things - over rice, in quesadillas, tacos.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food shredded mexican chicken - slow cooker recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!