Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, chicken orzo soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken Orzo Soup is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Chicken Orzo Soup is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
This soup does not have a lot of broth; more chicken broth or water can be added, if desired. The soup will get thicker as it sits and as the orzo absorbs more of the broth, so it's best to serve immediately. If reheating leftovers, add more liquid.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have chicken orzo soup using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Orzo Soup:
- Prepare 10 skinless chicken thighs
- Take 8 cups water
- Make ready 1 whole peeled onion
- Get 1 onion diced
- Make ready 3 bay leaves
- Get 1 bunch celery sliced
- Take 2 lb peeled and sliced carrots
- Make ready 1 (14.4 oz) can diced tomato
- Take 1/2 lb orzo pasta
- Take 1/2 cup parsley
- Make ready 1 1/2 tsp season salt
- Make ready to taste pepper
- Prepare to taste hot pepper flakes
- Take Parmesan cheese
Place the butter, onions, and garlic in a large sauce pot, and set over medium heat. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, to taste. Lemon and dill give this Greek-inspired soup a fresh, bright note. It's a simple yet tasty way to enjoy Mediterranean flavors and use up leftover cooked chicken.
Steps to make Chicken Orzo Soup:
- In a large stockpot, add in chicken thighs, bay leaves, whole onion, and water. (Water should be about 1 inch above the chicken thighs. We think its about 8 cups.) Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 25 minutes. Pull out the chicken and whole onion and set aside chicken and discard onion.
- Add in carrots, celery, onion and tomato. Bring back to simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Shred chicken while vegetables are cooking.
- Add in orzo pasta and parsley, cook for 10 minutes or until al dente. Shred chicken while pasta is cooking.
- Add in shredded chicken, season salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes if desired. A little parmesan goes a long way too :)
Nothing says comfort like a bowl of hearty chicken soup. Pair with a sandwich for a simple, comforting dinner option.. Stir in the cooked orzo, the beans, chicken broth and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. juicy chicken breast garlic chicken broth onion carrots and celery orzo. How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Soup with Orzo. Stir in the garlic and cook for another minute.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food chicken orzo soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!