Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, red braised chicken thighs. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Watch Hugh Acherson cook braised chicken thighs, a dish that reminds him of his father, who is living with Alzheimer's. Chef Acheson shares the importance of gathering #AroundTheTable and why he is teaming up with The Coq Au Vin - Chicken Braised with Bacon, Mushrooms & Red Wine. These braised chicken thighs are no joke.
Red Braised Chicken Thighs is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Red Braised Chicken Thighs is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have red braised chicken thighs using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Red Braised Chicken Thighs:
- Take 1/2 kg chicken thigh, cut into bite size pieces
- Make ready 4 tbsp sugar
- Take 3 slices ginger
- Take 1/2 cup shaoxing wine
- Get 4 bay leaves
- Make ready 1 cinnamon stick
- Get 2 star anise
- Prepare 3 tbsp soy sauce
- Get 1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes or 1-2 dried chillies (optional)
This braised chicken dish starts on the stove, then finishes in the oven, so you'll want to use a heavy oven proof skillet or dutch oven with a fitted lid. First step is browning the chicken, then you'll want to saute your aromatics and vegetables. Then the whole dish goes in the oven until the chicken is. For Perfectly Braised Chicken Thighs, Memorize This Technique.
Instructions to make Red Braised Chicken Thighs:
- In a wok or frying pan, heat oil under low heat. Add sugar and stir until it melts, being careful not to burn it.
- Add chicken and ginger, raising heat to medium, stirring to cover with sugar.
- Add shaoxing wine, star anise, bay leaves, cinnamon stick, soy sauce, and chilli flakes. Lower heat to medium low and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Rise heat back to medium and let boil, reducing the sauce to half. Serve over steamed rice.
To be honest, chicken braised in this way is so flavorful that you don't actually need a sauce. I added carrots, onion and several red potatoes cut in half, lots of Italian seasoning and some chicken broth. Curry Braised Chicken Thighs is a delicious Indian-inspired dinner for two. Spicy, flavorful and budget-friendly, it's sure to spice up the night with your loved one! However, chicken thighs don't take hours to become tender.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food red braised chicken thighs recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!