Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, crock pot skinny chicken jambalaya. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Get Delicious Creole Taste Of New Orleans W/ Zatarain's® Original Jambalaya. Chicken Jambalaya cooked in the slow cooker that's low calorie, tastes great and fills you up! Using lean proteins, (sliced chicken breasts and turkey sausage) sliced up onions and bell.
Crock Pot Skinny Chicken Jambalaya is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Crock Pot Skinny Chicken Jambalaya is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook crock pot skinny chicken jambalaya using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Crock Pot Skinny Chicken Jambalaya:
- Get 2 chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- Take 8 smoked turkey sausages, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2 inch slices (you can find these in the aisle with the hot dogs)
- Get 2 bell peppers, sliced into strips
- Make ready 1 onion, sliced
- Take 1 (14.5-oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- Prepare 2 cup water
- Make ready 8 oz package jambalaya rice mix
Chicken Jambalaya cooked in the slow cooker that's low calorie, tastes great and fills you up!. Have dinner ready when you come home with this ultimate, slow-cooker Jambalaya. Featuring chicken, shrimp and smoked sausage, this classic Creole rice dish is perfect for the slow-cooker as all the flavors blend together over time in a marvelous way. As a simple one-pot meal, bring Jambalaya to your next potluck as a crowd-pleasing dish that doesn't skimp on flavor or presentation.
Instructions to make Crock Pot Skinny Chicken Jambalaya:
- Place your sliced peppers and onions in the bottom of slow cooker. Top with chicken strips and turkey sausage.
- Add water and undrained tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 5-6 hours or high heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Stir in rice. (If using low heat setting, turn it to high at this point) Cover and cook about 45 minutes or until rice is tender and most of the liquid absorbed.
- Dish up in bowls and ENJOY!
So often, for a crock pot recipe to be delicious, many steps are involved. This recipe was delicious and truly it 'throw it in" and go receipe! No browning at the beginning or thickening at the end. I used Chicken Apple Sausage because I had it and added in a bit of fresh oregano and thyme…and lots of garlic! Jambalaya is a hallmark of the Creole cuisine.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food crock pot skinny chicken jambalaya recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!