Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, red braised chicken thighs. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Add chicken and ginger, raising heat to medium, stirring to cover with sugar. Add shaoxing wine, star anise, bay leaves, cinnamon stick, soy sauce, and chilli flakes. This easy braised chicken thighs recipe will deliver all the comfort, but with little work!
Red Braised Chicken Thighs is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Red Braised Chicken Thighs is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook red braised chicken thighs using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Red Braised Chicken Thighs:
- Take 1/2 kg chicken thigh, cut into bite size pieces
- Take 4 tbsp sugar
- Take 3 slices ginger
- Take 1/2 cup shaoxing wine
- Get 4 bay leaves
- Take 1 cinnamon stick
- Prepare 2 star anise
- Get 3 tbsp soy sauce
- Prepare 1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes or 1-2 dried chillies (optional)
Cooking chicken over liquids this way allows the collagen to break down and flavor the sauce while yielding a tender and moist piece of meat. Red wine complements chicken and the vegetables become your side dish. Put a cup or two of flour in a large bowl, add half the chicken and tumble the legs around to coat. Set a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
Instructions to make Red Braised Chicken Thighs:
- In a wok or frying pan, heat oil under low heat. Add sugar and stir until it melts, being careful not to burn it.
- Add chicken and ginger, raising heat to medium, stirring to cover with sugar.
- Add shaoxing wine, star anise, bay leaves, cinnamon stick, soy sauce, and chilli flakes. Lower heat to medium low and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Rise heat back to medium and let boil, reducing the sauce to half. Serve over steamed rice.
HOW TO STORE BEER BRAISED CHICKEN THIGHS. To reheat the meal put it on a baking dish in the oven on low heat. Sprinkle the chicken thighs with salt and pepper, then dredge both sides in flour. Turn them to the other side and cook for another couple of minutes, then remove them to a plate. Place raisins in a small bowl; cover with hot water.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food red braised chicken thighs recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!