Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, red braised chicken thighs. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Red Braised Chicken Thighs is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Red Braised Chicken Thighs is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
Add chicken and ginger, raising heat to medium, stirring to cover with sugar. Add shaoxing wine, star anise, bay leaves, cinnamon stick, soy sauce, and chilli flakes. This easy braised chicken thighs recipe will deliver all the comfort, but with little work!
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook red braised chicken thighs using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Red Braised Chicken Thighs:
- Make ready 1/2 kg chicken thigh, cut into bite size pieces
- Get 4 tbsp sugar
- Take 3 slices ginger
- Take 1/2 cup shaoxing wine
- Take 4 bay leaves
- Prepare 1 cinnamon stick
- Make ready 2 star anise
- Get 3 tbsp soy sauce
- Make ready 1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes or 1-2 dried chillies (optional)
Cooking chicken over liquids this way allows the collagen to break down and flavor the sauce while yielding a tender and moist piece of meat. Red wine complements chicken and the vegetables become your side dish. Put a cup or two of flour in a large bowl, add half the chicken and tumble the legs around to coat. Set a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
Instructions to make Red Braised Chicken Thighs:
- In a wok or frying pan, heat oil under low heat. Add sugar and stir until it melts, being careful not to burn it.
- Add chicken and ginger, raising heat to medium, stirring to cover with sugar.
- Add shaoxing wine, star anise, bay leaves, cinnamon stick, soy sauce, and chilli flakes. Lower heat to medium low and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Rise heat back to medium and let boil, reducing the sauce to half. Serve over steamed rice.
HOW TO STORE BEER BRAISED CHICKEN THIGHS. To reheat the meal put it on a baking dish in the oven on low heat. Sprinkle the chicken thighs with salt and pepper, then dredge both sides in flour. Turn them to the other side and cook for another couple of minutes, then remove them to a plate. Place raisins in a small bowl; cover with hot water.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food red braised chicken thighs recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!