Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, roasted buttermilk chicken. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Roasted Buttermilk Chicken is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Roasted Buttermilk Chicken is something which I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Place chicken in a large freezer bag. Seal bag securely and refrigerate overnight or up to two days. Remove chicken from marinade and place on a rack so excess can drip off.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have roasted buttermilk chicken using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Roasted Buttermilk Chicken:
- Take 4 pound whole chicken
- Take 1 quart buttermilk
- Get 1 medium onion
- Make ready 1/2 lime
- Take 1 tablespoon salt
- Prepare 1-1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Get 1-1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Get 1/4 cup extra Virgin olive oil
- Take 1-1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- Make ready 1 cup water
- Make ready 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Get 1/2 cup water for thickening
Well, you can make roasted chicken too by marinating the chicken to get an unbelievable flavor and a moist, tender texture. The buttermilk roast chicken was INCREDIBLE. So juicy, so moist, and so much flavor. And BARELY any hands on time.
Instructions to make Roasted Buttermilk Chicken:
- 3 nights prior to cooking put the whole chicken into a ziploc bag and marinate with the buttermilk for 3 days
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit heat a large diameter pan or skillet
- Spatchcock the chicken, cut it down the spine.
- Add half a tablespoon of salt to the insides of the chicken.
- Add the chicken skin side up to the heated skillet
- Add the salt, garlic and pepper all over the chicken
- Now squeeze the lime over the chicken and get the pulp on it too. Chop the onion and Add seasoned salt.
- Put into the oven for 1 hour.
- Add a cup of water to the pan and deglaze the pan mix the cornstarch and 1/2 cup of water. Bring the pan drippings to boil.
- Add the cornstarch solution to the pan drippings and let thicken a bit
- Pour over the chicken and serve with mashed potatoes.
- Serve I hope you enjoy!
Remove the chicken from marinade and place on the pan. What to Serve with Tender Roasted Buttermilk Chicken. Creamy Dill Potato Salad; Cheesy Smashed Potato Bites As an added bonus, the sugars in the buttermilk will caramelize, contributing to an exquisitely browned skin. While the beauty of roast chicken is that you can serve it anytime, anywhere, try serving it alongside panzanella, which plays the role of starch, salad and sauce. Dip chicken in buttermilk, then coat with flour mixture.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food roasted buttermilk chicken recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!