Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, cajun boiled peanuts. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Our Favorite Cajun Boiled Peanuts Recipe. Boiled peanuts are a great snack for casual parties and events. They are unique in taste and texture, and have the nostalgic appeal of something that has.
Cajun Boiled Peanuts is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Cajun Boiled Peanuts is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have cajun boiled peanuts using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Cajun Boiled Peanuts:
- Make ready 5 quart pot
- Make ready as needed water
- Take 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- Make ready 1 (24 oz.) bag raw peanuts
- Get 4 oz bottle liquid crab boil
- Prepare 1 Tbsp cayenne pepper
- Prepare 2 handfuls Slap ya Mama
- Take 3 smoked jalapeno
- Make ready 3 garlic cloves smashed
- Take 3 bay leaves
Just like what you find in gas stations in the South! These Cajun Boiled Peanuts are spiced and the perfect snack. One day at church he asked me if I had had boiled peanuts. "Yes!" was my instant reply, but then I couldn't really place where I had had them. This recipe for Cajun boiled peanuts uses a slow cooker, which is the absolute best way to make spicy boiled peanuts.
Instructions to make Cajun Boiled Peanuts:
- Pour bag of peanuts into 5 quart pot
- Fill pot of peanuts with water leaving 2 inches at the rim
- Place cover of pot upside down over peanuts and soak overnight
- Pour the water out and rinse the peanuts a couple of times and fill the pot back up with water all but 2 inches
- Bring to a boil add chicken bouillon and reduce to a simmer on the stove top
- Add half the bottle of crab boil one handful Slap ya mama half a Tbspn cayenne pepper and the bay leaves and simmer for 3 hours
- Add the other half bottle of liquid crab boil and the other handful of Slap ya Mama the rest of the cayenne pepper, along with the garlic and the jalapeno and simmer another 3 hours tasting one every so often to your liking
- You don't want them mushy so after 6 hours they are done! Turn off the heat and let them cool in the pot to soak up more flavor….They are Spicy !!ENJOY !!!😋
There are two important things to consider when making boiled peanuts. Southern food is a mixture of Native American, Creole, and European influences. Staples of this comfort food include corn (in all its forms), honey, chicken, pork. Spicy Cajun Boiled Peanuts – are salty, spicy, nutty and oh so addictive. Perfect for summer snack time, late night movie marathon and for entertaining.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food cajun boiled peanuts recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!