Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, chicken tortilla soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
This chicken tortilla soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling, plus it freezes well. Garnish with avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, or green onion! Simmer a recipe for spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup from Food Network that's loaded with fire-roasted tomatoes, black beans, jalapenos and more.
Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Chicken Tortilla Soup is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have chicken tortilla soup using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Take 1 1/2 lb Chicken breast
- Prepare 1 Chicken bouillon ( as needed )
- Get 1 1/2 gallon Water
- Make ready 1 each Salsa casera ( I use Herdez 16 oz )
- Get 4 each Serrano peppers ( or any pepper )
- Prepare 3 tsp Minced garlic ( I use the one in a can )
- Make ready 1 as needed Cooking oil
- Prepare 2 each Avocados
- Prepare 10 as needed Corn tortillas
- Take 1 bunch Cilantro
Today I'm sharing The Best Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe I've ever made. Drop your dinner plans and make it tonight! By Jennifer Segal, inspired by Tommy Bahama Tropical Café. A silky purée of vegetables, tortillas and spices, this chicken tortilla soup is hearty enough to serve as a meal.
Steps to make Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Begin by cutting the peppers into very small pieces. I usually accomplish this by cutting the pepper in half then slicing longwise then cutting across into small pieces. Heat some oil in the pot and sauté the garlic and peppers at a medium heat for about 3 minutes or until the garlic is golden brown.
- Add water to the pot and bring to a boil. Rinse chicken and add to the pot along with the chicken bouillon. Add as desired. I personally use a good amount, about 1/2 a cup for 1.5 gallons of water.
- Simmer the pot contents on med low heat for approximately 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from pot. Once the chicken is cool, shred the chicken then add back into the pot.
- Meanwhile, open the salsa container and pour into the blender. Blend well for approximately one minute. Use strainer to trap the large pieces of salsa.
- In a separate pot, heat up oil and begin deep frying the tortillas. About 30 seconds on each side on medium high heat or until golden brown. Place cooked tortillas on a paper towel to soak up excess oil.
- Cut up cooked tortillas into bite size pieces. Pour soup into a bowl and add tortillas. Garnish with cilantro and avocado, enjoy!
Chicken tortilla soup, with its spicy tomato broth, crunchy tortilla chips, and gooey cheese, has long been one of my favorite dishes to order at Mexican restaurants. I never even thought to make it at. This Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe is a knock-off from the famous soup recipe at Tommy Bahamas. Chicken Tortilla Soup. posted by Christy Denney Chicken tortilla soup is a great way to use up leftover ingredients, but you can also make it completely from scratch.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food chicken tortilla soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!