Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, crock pot honey sesame chicken. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Sweet, savory and a little spicy, this easy Asian inspired Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken has a balance of flavor combinations. I owe my mom for finding this recipe for me! I have been so busy back and forth from the hospital that she has been such a help in having dinner ready for me when I go home to feed my baby.
Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook crock pot honey sesame chicken using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken:
- Make ready Crock Pot Chicken
- Make ready 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or 4 breasts (2 lbs)
- Take 1 dash salt and pepper to taste
- Take 2 clove garlic minced
- Make ready 1 cup honey
- Take 1/4 cup ketchup
- Get 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- Prepare 1/2 cup diced onion
- Make ready 2 tbsp vegetable oil or olive oil
- Make ready 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Make ready 4 tsp cornstarch
- Take 1/3 cup water
- Take 2 packages instant rice (optional)
- Take 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds (or more)
- Get 3 large green onions or scallions
One of my favorite slow cooker recipes. Simply throw everything in the crockpot and you're set for a family-friendly meal - it doesn't get easier than that! There's just one tedious part shredding the chicken. But other than that, it's an easy-peasy, no fuss dish with a sweet honey flavor that even the pickiest of eaters will enjoy!
Instructions to make Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken:
- Place chicken in crock pot and lightly season both sides with salt and pepper
- In medium bowl, combine onion, garlic, honey, ketchup, soy sauce, oil, and red pepper flakes. Pour over chicken. Cook on low 3-4 hours low or 2 hours on high.
- Remove chicken to cutting board, leaving sauce. Shred chicken into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- Prepare rice according to instructions on package.
- In small bowl, dissolve 4 teaspoons cornstarch in 1/3 cup water and add to crock pot sauce. Stir in to combine with sauce. Cover and cook in crock pot on high for ten more minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Add cooked rice to four plates, top with chicken and spoon sauce over the top. Sprinkle evenly with sesame seeds and green onions/scallions.
Remove chicken from crock pot, but reserve sauce in the pot. Shred chicken into bite size pieces. Serve chicken over cooked rice and spoon some sauce on top. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped scallions. This Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken is amazing!
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food crock pot honey sesame chicken recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!