Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, kerala roast chicken. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken Roast Recipe: A fried chicken recipe which is full of flavor and spices. This dish brings out the authentic south Indian spice of the dish. This Kerala Chicken Roast Recipe is a family favourite which Amma's friend makes and sends over whenever us kids visit Kottayam.
Kerala Roast Chicken is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Kerala Roast Chicken is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have kerala roast chicken using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Kerala Roast Chicken:
- Get 2 Onions Sliced
- Make ready 1/2 kg chicken
- Make ready 10 Shallots
- Take leaves Curry
- Take 1 tomato diced
- Make ready 6 Garlic Cloves
- Take Half thumb size Ginger
- Get 2 deseeded green chillies
- Get 1 tbsp coriander powder
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
- Make ready 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Prepare 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Make ready 1 tbsp Pepper Powder
- Make ready 1/2 cup hot water
- Get 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- Make ready As per taste Salt
Kerala Style Chicken Roast - chicken is marinated with spices & cooked in a well balanced masala. A great side dish for rice & appam. Kerala Chicken Roast is a typical and traditional styled chicken roast dish full of flavor and aroma of a series of natural spices. The hot, spicy and thick flavored gravy blends well with porotta and rice.
Steps to make Kerala Roast Chicken:
- Grind the shallots,garlic,ginger to a semi paste consistency
- Marinate the chicken with 1tsp of chilli powder, a pinch of turmeric, 1tbsp of vinegar/lime juice, salt to taste. Set aside for half an hour and shallow fry the same.
- Heat a kadai with coconut oil. Add the green chillies and curry leaves and sautee until fragrant. Add the sliced onions and saute until browned(not burnt). Add the shallot paste and sautee till the raw smell goes. Add the tomato and cook until mushy.
- Add all the Masalas, make sure the heat isn't much or else the mix will burn. Saute the mix till oil separates.
- Add in the fried chicken and mix well with the base masala. Add hot water and cook for another 7-10 mins on low heat. Make sure the water is minimal. Add in coconut milk at this stage and roast on high for about two mins constantly sauteeing it.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Goes well with rice,idlies,appam etc
Dry roast the dry spices and cool them. Make a fine powder and add little water and make a paste. Spicy Kerala Chicken Roast is another nadan recipe and a family favorite. It is a dry version and is great accompaniment with rice, chapathi or fried rice. The chicken in this recipe is usually deep fried.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food kerala roast chicken recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!