Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, easy turkey pot pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Use frozen veggies, a premade pie crust, and cooked turkey meat to make your family a savory pot pie the easy way. The creamy filling is flavored with Cheddar cheese. It's hard to find a more comforting dish than a homemade turkey pot pie.
Easy Turkey Pot Pie is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Easy Turkey Pot Pie is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have easy turkey pot pie using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Turkey Pot Pie:
- Prepare 1 can (10.5oz) Cream of Chicken Soup (could use celery or mushroom)
- Make ready 1 can (10.5oz) Milk - one full soup can
- Take 2 cup Frozen Mixed Vegetables (your choice)
- Get 2 cup Cubed Turkey (can also use chicken)
- Get 1 large Russet Potato - cubed
- Take 1/4 Onion, chopped - to taste
- Get 1 Salt & Pepper - to taste
- Prepare 2 9" Pie Crusts - packaged, ready made
I added a little garlic salt oregano and basil and salt and pepper. Use leftover turkey and frozen vegetables in this Healthy Easy Turkey Pot Pie recipe to serve a quick and light dinner. Pot pies are the ultimate comfort food to me. Cozy up to a pot pie that's in the oven in minutes.
Instructions to make Easy Turkey Pot Pie:
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cube potato. Boil for approximately 5-10 minutes, or until potato cubes are just tender. Drain then set aside.
- In medium sauce pan, on medium/low heat, empty can of cream soup, and gradually whisk in milk. Mix well. Bring to light boil.
- On low heat, add onion and frozen mixed vegetables. Stir and heat mixed vegetables through; about five minutes.
- Add potato, turkey, and salt & pepper to taste (and any other spices of your choice). You can substitute 1/2 TSP dried, chopped onion in place of fresh onion for convenience.
- In glass pie pan, roll out one pie crust, and press firmly in pie pan. Pour in filling. Roll out second pie crust on top of filling. Remove excess crust. Pinch edges together to form a scalloped edge. Cut slits in top crust.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. To avoid excess browning, cover edge of crust with strip of foil. Let cool, then enjoy!
This Turkey Pot Pie is one of our favorite ways to use Thanksgiving leftovers. With a flaky crust and loaded with turkey and vegetables, you will want this to become part of your family tradition too. Everyone knows one of the best parts about Thanksgiving dinner is the leftovers. This turkey pot pie has a comforting creamy center with an extra-flaky top. Its the perfect little twist on the chicken classic!
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food easy turkey pot pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!