Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, chicken parmesan. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Parmesan is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Chicken Parmesan is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
The Best Chicken Parmesan recipe, made a bit healthier! Breaded chicken cutlets are baked, not fried yet the Baked Chicken Parmesan. This is an easy chicken dinner the whole family will love!
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken parmesan using 31 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Parmesan:
- Get Chicken :
- Get 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Take 1 cup milk (buttermilk or regular)
- Take 1 large egg, beaten
- Prepare 1 cup classic breadcrumbs
- Prepare 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Get 1/2 tsp. each garlic powder, onion powder, pepper
- Get 1/4 tsp. salt
- Make ready Marinara Sauce :
- Make ready 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Take 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- Prepare 1 clove garlic, minced
- Get 1 can (15 oz.) unsalted tomato sauce
- Make ready 1 can (14.5 oz.) unsalted diced tomato
- Make ready 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Make ready 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
- Get Pinch sugar
- Make ready Alfredo Sauce :
- Prepare 1 cup heavy cream
- Get 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- Prepare 2 tbsp. block style cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- Prepare 1 clove garlic, minced
- Get 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Prepare 1/8 tsp. each salt and pepper
- Take 1/2 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- Make ready 2 tbsp. milk (may or may not need)
- Prepare Other :
- Get 1/2 box (8 oz.) spaghetti noodles
- Prepare 1/2 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- Make ready 1/2 cup freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepare Freshly chopped parsley (optional for garnish)
Chicken cutlets, breaded and fried, smothered with tomato sauce, and covered with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses are so good. This classic Chicken Parmesan from Delish.com is as good as it gets. Classic Chicken Parmesan recipe with parmesan crusted tender chicken, topped with marinara and cheese. I've long relegated chicken Parmesan to a weekend-only meal — after all But recently I discovered an oven-baked chicken Parmesan that delivers all the golden, breaded, juicy chicken satisfaction in.
Instructions to make Chicken Parmesan:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking pan with foil. We like to place a greased wire rack on top of the pan (this will help to keep the chicken crispier) but if you don't have a wire rack, then just grease the foil and set the pan aside.
- Start by preparing the chicken. We usually butterfly two larger chicken breasts and that's enough for my family of 4. Place the chicken in either a gallon size Ziploc bag or a large Tupperware and add the milk and beaten egg. Place this in the fridge while you prepare the marinara sauce.
- For the marinara, heat the olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes, until it starts to soften. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute or so more. Then add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, italian seasoning, salt, pepper and sugar. Once it all comes to a low boil, reduce the heat to med-low and let this simmer while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Back to the chicken…in a separate gallon size Ziploc bag or in a large shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, panko, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and salt. Remove the chicken from the milk/egg mixture, let the excess drip off, then coat the chicken in the seasoned breadcrumb mixture. Place each coated piece on the greased wire rack (if using) or just on the prepared pan (if not using a wire rack). Place in the oven and cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- While the chicken cooks, get a large pot of water over high heat for the spaghetti. Once it comes to a boil, cook the spaghetti according to package directions and drain. Also once it comes to a boil, begin the next step as well. If you still have a little time before everything else is ready, then toss the drained spaghetti lightly in olive oil so it doesn't stick together, then set it aside. I like to just place it back into the pot it was cooked in with a lid over the top to keep it hot.
- One of the last steps is to prepare the Alfredo sauce. Start this when your chicken has about 15 or so minutes left. Place the cream, butter and cream cheese in a large (preferably non-stick) skillet over medium heat. Whisk often until everything is melted and smooth. Then whisk in the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. If it's too thick, whisk in the additional milk to loosen it up a bit. Once the cheese has melted and incorporated, let this simmer for 5 or so minutes.
- If your timing is good, then you'll have everything going simultaneously while the chicken is finishing up. At this point, taste your marinara and add any additional seasonings you think it needs. Almost done!
- Once the chicken is completely cooked through, turn off the oven, remove the chicken from the oven and spoon a generous amount of marinara over the top. Sprinkle with some of the freshly shredded parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Then return the pan to the oven. The heat will melt the cheeses in just a few minutes.
- Toss the spaghetti with the Alfredo sauce. Divide the pasta evenly among everyones plates. Then spoon a bit of marinara over everyone's portion of pasta. Slice up the chicken and serve it to the side of the pasta. Sprinkle with any remaining cheese you have and garnish with some parsley.
- Finally finished! Serve immediately and congratulate yourself on preparing this beast of a meal. But most importantly, enjoy it!
This Cheesy Chicken Parmesan is a delicious Italian dish of breaded chicken, topped with marinara sauce and lots of cheese. Get this restaurant quality favorite Italian dish right at home. The chicken breast is pan-fried in a panko breading until crispy on the outside yet juicy and tender inside. Dip chicken in egg; then in bread crumbs. Cover and cook until cheese is melted.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food chicken parmesan recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!