Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken soto soup. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Soto ayam is chicken noodle soup - Indonesian style. Keyword indonesian chicken noodle soup, soto ayam. Indonesian 'Soto Ayam' Chicken Noodle Soup - Marion's Kitchen.
Chicken Soto Soup is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Chicken Soto Soup is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken soto soup using 29 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Soto Soup:
- Take 1 kg chicken
- Get 2 bay leaves
- Make ready 4 kaffir lime leaves
- Take 2 lemongrass
- Get 2 cm galangal
- Make ready 1 lt water
- Take 1 tsp salt
- Make ready 1 tsp sugar
- Get 1/2 tsp peper
- Get 3 spring onions
- Make ready 2 Celery stalks
- Get leaves Celery
- Take Rice noodles
- Prepare 2 potatoes
- Make ready 3 boiled eggs
- Prepare 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Make ready Grounded spices:
- Take 1/2 red onion
- Get 5 garlic cloves
- Make ready 3 cm turmeric
- Make ready 2 cm ginger
- Prepare 4 candle nuts
- Take 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- Take Chili sauce :
- Get 10 birdeye chilies
- Prepare 5 garlic cloves
- Prepare 3 candle nuts
- Take 1/2 tap salt
- Get Water to boil
It is actually more of a stew. Transfer the chicken soup to a serving dish and place in the centre of the table. Ladle some chicken and soup over the rice and top with deep-fried shallots and the green part of the spring onion.. Recipes Just For You INGREDIENT Indonesian Chicken Noodle Soup (Soto Ayam) European Print This.
Instructions to make Chicken Soto Soup:
- Blend the spices that need to be ground in a blender until smooth.
- Preheat a pot with cooking oil, pour the grounded spices and stir until cooked. Add lemongrass, bay leaves, kaffir lime leaves, galangal, salt, sugar, and pepper. Stir them well.
- After around 3 mins, add the water and chicken into a pot, stir it until the water blends with the spices, add celery stalks, cover the pot and let the chicken cooked really well.
- Meanwhile we prepare for the other stuff, cut the potatoes into 4 and slice thinly like chips and fry them until crispy, put aside.
- Peel boiled eggs and cut into half. Put aside.
- Boil some water and cook the rice noodle for 3 mins until it soften, drain the water with the strainer, put aside.
- Chop celery leaves, put aside.
- If you like spicy we will make the chili sauce for it, boil the chilies, fry garlic and candle nuts with a little bit of oil for 3 mins (don't let them burn) Mash the garlic and candle nuts while hot, add boiled chilies, mash them well, add salt and taste it.
- After the chicken cooked properly, take them out of the soup and shred them, put aside.
- When everything is ready we prepare a bowl to serve it, put rice noodle, shredded chicken, and potato chips, pour the hot soup on top of them, add boiled egg, sprinkle chopped celery leaves, and put chili sauce on the side if you like it spicy.
- You can add rice on the side too. Happy cooking
In Surabaya and its surrounding, SOTO LAMONGAN refers to Soto Ayam Lamongan which can translated as Lamongan style Chicken Soup. Soto (also known as sroto, tauto, or coto) is a traditional Indonesian soup mainly composed of broth, meat, and vegetables. Many traditional soups are called soto, whereas foreign and Western influenced soups are called sop. Smart Shortcut: Poach the Chicken Right in the Soup. My favorite reliable method for getting tender, juicy shredded chicken is poaching.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food chicken soto soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!