Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, creamy walnut pesto linguine with chicken and zucchini. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Creamy Walnut Pesto Linguine with Chicken and Zucchini is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Creamy Walnut Pesto Linguine with Chicken and Zucchini is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
Once the spiralized zucchini has time to soak up the herby pesto sauce, this chicken and pesto pasta makes particularly good leftovers. I made pesto earlier in day and used walnuts instead of pine nuts cause I had in my pantry. Season chicken strips with garlic powder and black pepper and add to skillet with onion/garlic mixture.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have creamy walnut pesto linguine with chicken and zucchini using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Creamy Walnut Pesto Linguine with Chicken and Zucchini:
- Make ready 1/4 cup walnut halves
- Take 1 packed cup basil leaves
- Get 3 cloves garlic
- Make ready 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Get 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Take 4 chicken breast halves
- Get 2 zucchini, cut into 1/2 in slices and quartered
- Prepare 1 lb dry linguine
- Take 1/2 cup whipping cream
Walnut pesto is common along the Ligurian coast, where basil pesto also originated. I like to vary this sauce. Creamy Zucchini Pesto Pasta with Chicken Recipe. Last night there was just a slight chill in the air enough so that it was But back to the pasta.
Instructions to make Creamy Walnut Pesto Linguine with Chicken and Zucchini:
- Put a small pan on medium heat and add the walnuts. Let the nuts toast for 2 minutes, shaking the pan often to move them around. Add the nuts to a food processor along with the basil, garlic, parmesan and olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and pulse a dozen or so times until the pesto reaches a uniform and just slightly chunky consistency.
- Cover the chicken breasts between sheets of cling film or parchment paper. Use a kitchen mallet, rolling pin or small heavy pot to pound the breasts until they're 1/2 to 3/4 inch thickness.
- Add a splash of veg oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and sear them in the pan, about 4 to 5 minutes per side depending on thickness. Remove the chicken to a plate to rest and wipe the pan clean. You'll need it again shortly. Put a large pot of salted water on high heat for the pasta.
- Put the pan back on high heat and add a fresh splash of veg oil. Add the zucchini and fry until they start to caramelize and soften just a little, about 3 or 4 minutes. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper. While you're cooking the zucchini, cook the linguine according to the package directions.
- Drag the cooked pasta from the pot to a large mixing bowl. Add 3 or 4 tablespoons of pesto as well as the cream, then toss to coat. If the pasta's too thick, add a ladle or so of the pasta cooking water. Plate the linguine, and top with the chicken breast and zucchini.
- Transfer any leftover pesto to a small container and top with a little extra virgin olive oil. Keep it in the fridge to be used again. Hint: it's amazing drizzled inside an omelette with a little cream cheese.
This simple dish combines yummy spinach noodles (you can use any high fiber noodle) with chicken, homemade pesto, and. After a few experiments, we have deemed pesto chicken with zucchini noodles the winner. If you're feeling skeptical right now, read on We tried butternut squash noodles and zucchini noodles, both with the combo of pesto sauce and creamy avocado sauce. We also tried boiling and sautéing the. Scoop the pesto over the zucchini noodles, then add the cherry tomatoes and prosciutto.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food creamy walnut pesto linguine with chicken and zucchini recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!