Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, baked chicken with apricot jam, sage, and lemon zest. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Baked chicken with apricot jam, sage, and lemon zest is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Baked chicken with apricot jam, sage, and lemon zest is something that I have loved my whole life.
Add the sage and oil and toss. Grate the lemon zest from the lemon then squeeze Brush the sticky jam all over the chicken then place them in a baking dish, leaving plenty of breathing room. Finely grate the zest of the orange into a bowl.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook baked chicken with apricot jam, sage, and lemon zest using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Baked chicken with apricot jam, sage, and lemon zest:
- Get 1 3 1/2- to 4-pound chicken, cut into 8 pieces, patted dry with paper towels
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp coarse kosher salt
- Take 3/4 tsp Freshly grated ground black pepper
- Get 5 sprigs fresh sage
- Get 3 tbsp extra virgin oil
- Make ready 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Get 1/3 cup apricot jam, large chunks cut up
- Prepare 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Make ready 1 large clove garlic, minced
Plus the olives and onions give it a boost of nutrition and flavor! In blender or food processor, blend together sage, lemon juice, lemon zest, onion, garlic, olive oil, seasonings, and. Rinse the lemons in hot water, pat dry, zest and cut into slices. Spread the butter mixture on the chicken and fold the skin back over it.
Steps to make Baked chicken with apricot jam, sage, and lemon zest:
- Massage the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Add sage and olive oil and mix well. Let marinate for 6 hours or overnight
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Add zest and juice to a small bowl and mix with jam, worcestershire sauce, and garlic
- Pluck out the sage from the chicken and rub jam mixture all over chicken. Lay them in a 9X13 baking dish, leaving plenty of breathing room between each piece. Bake for 45-55 minutes, until skin is golden and juices run clear
Halfway through the cooking time, turn the chicken and sprinkle with the juices. Baked apricot chicken goes great with rice or alongside a side salad. The leftovers are amazing served over green salad the next day (try it with blue cheese crumbles and Apricot chicken goes well with plain brown or white rice. We love spooning some of the excess sauce over the rice. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, and sage.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food baked chicken with apricot jam, sage, and lemon zest recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!