Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken breast in citrus buttermilk. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Phil Vickery cooks steamed chicken breast with citrus and coriander. To see more recipes and get involved with Phil's Cooking Academy, please visit. Add the chicken breasts and toss well to coat, using your hands or tongs to squash the citrus and massage it into the chicken.
Chicken Breast in Citrus Buttermilk is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Chicken Breast in Citrus Buttermilk is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken breast in citrus buttermilk using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Breast in Citrus Buttermilk:
- Get 6 piece chicken breasts
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup cooking oil (optional)
- Prepare For Marinating
- Make ready 6 piece dalandan (citrus aurantium; orange fruit)
- Get 10 piece calamansi (calamondin orange)
- Take salt and pepper
- Get For Citrus Buttermilk Spread
- Take 1/2 cup Dairy Creme Buttermilk
- Get 5 piece calamansi (calamondin orange)
- Make ready 1 tbsp kinchay (cilantro, chinese parsley, chinese celery)
- Take ground black pepper
Season with salt,pepper,paprika,garlic salt and seasoned salt. This pan fried chicken marinates boneless chicken breasts in low fat buttermilk before adding a light breading and frying in just enough olive oil. As for the chicken itself, I used individually wrapped chicken breasts from Perdue Farms. These are typically very close in size and thickness.
Steps to make Chicken Breast in Citrus Buttermilk:
- Marinate the chicken breasts, preferably overnight. Make sure to remove dalandan and calamansi seeds. Salt and pepper should be rubbed into the chicken breast.
- Prepare the citrus buttermilk spread. Finely mince the kinchay. Squeeze the calamansi into a small bowl, removing the seeds. Soften the Dairy Creme Buttermilk without melting it completely. Incorporate the calamansi juice, the kinchay and add pepper. Put the mixture into the refrigerator and bring it out right before cooking the marinated breasts.
- Fry the marinated chicken in cooking oil. A healthier option is to either grill it or broil it in order to lessen the oil content of the dish.
- Immediately after cooking the marinated breasts, use a spatula to slather the citrus buttermilk spread on them while they are hot. This would allow the butter to melt onto the surface.
- Enjoy the dish with either mushroom or asparagus soup, and rice.
Remove chicken breasts from marinade; set marinade aside. Place chicken breasts on grill, skin side up. For the citrus-crusted chicken breasts, place the lime zest, black pepper, garlic, sea salt and thyme into a mortar and pound to a paste with a pestle. Transfer the browned chicken breasts to a roasting tray, skin-side up, then brush each all over with the citrus paste. Roast the chicken breasts in the.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food chicken breast in citrus buttermilk recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!