Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, chicken fajitas. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken Fajitas is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Chicken Fajitas is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
Making homemade fajita seasoning is a lot easier than you might think, and you probably already have the ingredients in your spice cabinet. Simply combine a mixture of chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper, and voila, you're ready to make fajitas. Trim chicken of any excess fat and place in a large, lidded bowl.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook chicken fajitas using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Fajitas:
- Prepare 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- Take 2 tbsp oil
- Take 1 large garlic clove, minced
- Get 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Get 1 tsp salt
- Get 1/2-1 tsp ground chili (adjust to your desired spice preference)
- Make ready 1 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
- Take 1 1/2 lb (650 grams) chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
- Take 3 large bell peppers (or capsicums), cut into strips (I use green, red and yellow)
- Make ready 1 onion thinly sliced
Looking for an easy chicken fajita recipe for an infusion of Mexican flavor at home? Save a trip to the restaurant with these sizzling fajitas seasoned with zesty McCormick® Fajita Seasoning Mix. Serve with guacamole, sour cream, and cheese for the perfect Cinco de Mayo dish. So easy to make, and so quick.
Instructions to make Chicken Fajitas:
- Slice chicken into strips
- In a large shallow bowl, combine lime juice, oil, garlic, cumin, salt, chili and cilantro; mix together. Add the chicken and If time allows, let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet or pan (12-inch | 30cm) on medium-high heat until smoking. Add a drizzle of olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Sear the chicken on both sides until golden, charred and cooked right through. Cook for about 8 minutes. Flip them a couple of times while cooking so they get a nice even char.
- Transfer chicken to a warm plate, loosely tent with foil and let rest
- Cut peppers and onions into strips
- Add the peppers and onions to the skillet (drizzle with a little extra oil only if needed), and cook until the onion is soft and the peppers are slightly charred and cooked to your liking. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken strips and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with warmed tortillas, sour cream and chopped cilantro
The method involves quickly searing the meat on a griddle or grill, and then slicing and serving with quickly seared peppers and onions. This chicken fajita recipe is a total breeze to make! The chicken is flavorful and juicy while the peppers are perfectly tender-crisp! Cook chicken in olive oil in a pan, add veggies. Chicken fajitas are so easy to make, and their seasoning is amazing.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food chicken fajitas recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!