Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, jerk chicken & pineapple kebabs. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Jerk Chicken & Pineapple Kebabs is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Jerk Chicken & Pineapple Kebabs is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
The best Jamaican Jerk Chicken including oven and grilling instructions! It's incredibly flavorful thanks to hours of marinating in a vibrant and deliciously seasoned marinade. Jerk is a style of cooking native to Jamaica, in which meat is dry-rubbed or wet marinated with a hot spice mixture called Jamaican jerk spice.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook jerk chicken & pineapple kebabs using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Jerk Chicken & Pineapple Kebabs:
- Prepare 800 g chicken breast cut into chunks,
- Take 1 pineapple cut into chunky cubes, (or use defrosted frozen),
- Take Cooking oil for grilling
- Make ready For the jerk marinade:
- Take 1.5 onions roughly chopped,
- Make ready 1.5 scotch bonnet chillies, (can remove seeds for less heat),
- Get 1 good handful chopped thyme (or 2tsp dried),
- Prepare 2 crushed garlic cloves or 1tsp garlic granules,
- Get 1/2 tsp allspice, (or 4 tsp powdered jerk seasoning)
- Get 3 tbsp white wine vinegar,
- Make ready 2 tbsp dark soy sauce,
- Prepare Lots of ground black pepper, to season,
- Prepare Salt to season
- Get You'll need:
- Make ready Wooden skewers, soaked in water
Hot, succulent Jamaican Jerk Chicken is a tropical treat. You'll love the heat and flavor of this fiery marinade. Try new ways of preparing chicken with jerked chicken recipes and more from the expert chefs at Food Network. Bring the flavors of the Caribbean to dinner.
Instructions to make Jerk Chicken & Pineapple Kebabs:
- Add all of the marinade ingredients to a food processor/blender and make into a paste. Add along with the chicken pieces in a bowl and using a spoon combine together to coat completely. Marinade in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- When ready to cook, take the marinated chicken pieces and assemble the kebabs by alternating the chicken with the pineapple chunks. Heat up your grill or ready the BBQ. (I used a George Foreman grill).
- Drizzle the kebabs in a little oil if not BBQing then place on the hot grill. Grill until the chicken is cooked right through and the pineapple is nicely charred.
- Serve up and enjoy! Perfect with my Fireslaw (see previous recipe), or with rice and peas.
Jerk Chicken is believed to have been conceived when the Maroons introduced African meat cooking techniques to Jamaica which were combined with native Jamaican ingredients and. Try Levi Roots' sticky jerk chicken wings as a party nibble, or make more substantial jerk chicken thighs to fit in a flatbread or alongside rice and peas. Andi Oliver's jerk chicken and cornmeal waffles. Done right, jerk chicken is one of the great barbecue traditions of the world, up there with Texas brisket and Chinese char siu. It is Jamaica to the bone, aromatic and smoky, sweet but insistently hot.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food jerk chicken & pineapple kebabs recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!