Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, brad's braised short ribs w/ creamy white polenta & shrimp scampi. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Brad's Braised Short Ribs w/ Creamy White Polenta & Shrimp Scampi is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Brad's Braised Short Ribs w/ Creamy White Polenta & Shrimp Scampi is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
These flavorful short ribs perfectly illustrate how braised meat cooked on the bone can turn out succulent and tender enough to cut with a fork. The bones also enrich the braising liquid, which marries delectably with the cheese-laced creamy polenta. A bold-flavored Syrah or Zinfandel is ideal for the.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook brad's braised short ribs w/ creamy white polenta & shrimp scampi using 40 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Brad's Braised Short Ribs w/ Creamy White Polenta & Shrimp Scampi:
- Make ready For the short ribs
- Get 2 lg short ribs per serving, I made 3 servings
- Get Salt, white pepper, dry mustard
- Prepare 1/4 sweet onion, chopped
- Make ready 3 lg cloves garlic, minced
- Take 1 tbsp butter
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup red wine, I used a cabernet
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- Take 2-3 tbsp balsamic vinegar to taste
- Prepare 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Prepare 1 tbs minced chives
- Prepare For the polenta
- Take 1/4 sweet onion, diced
- Prepare 2 tbsp butter
- Take 2 lg cloves garlic, minced
- Get 3 tsp granulated chicken bouillon
- Take 3 cups water
- Take 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- Get 1 1/2 cups white corn meal
- Prepare 6 oz merlot belvitano cheese, shredded or cubed
- Get 2 tbs sour cream
- Get to taste Salt and white pepper
- Make ready For the scampi
- Take 1 1/2 lbs 16-21 count prawns, I used wild argentinian pinks
- Prepare Remove shells, leave tail on
- Prepare 2 tbs butter
- Get 1/4 sweet onion, diced
- Prepare 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Prepare 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- Get 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Get 1 tsp red chili flakes
- Prepare to taste Salt
- Make ready For the pan sauce
- Make ready All the drippings from the ribs
- Get 1/2 cup additional red wine
- Take 1 tbsp additional balsamic vinegar
- Get 3 tbsp honey
- Get to taste Salt
- Get Garnish
- Get Additional chopped parsley and chives
These tender braised Instant Pot short ribs with polenta are the newest star of Christmas dinner, no effort required. I think this recipe for Braised Short Ribs checks all the boxes. I headed to one of our local grocery stores to purchase the ribs. As usual, my co-workers were invited to taste the ribs which were served over a creamy Parmesan polenta.
Steps to make Brad's Braised Short Ribs w/ Creamy White Polenta & Shrimp Scampi:
- Heat a large ovenproof Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add 1 tbsp oil. Coat ribs with seasoning generously. Quickly brown on all sides. Set aside.
- In same Dutch oven, add butter and onions. Cook on medium low heat until they start to caramelize. Add garlic and cook one minute. Add parsley and chives, cook one more minute. Add rest of ingredients for the ribs. Bring mixture just to a boil so flavor combines.
- Return the ribs to the Dutch oven. Cover and place in a 300 degree oven for 2 hours. Reduce heat to 170 and continue for 2 more hours.
- Remove ribs to and oven safe plate and place in oven at 170 to keep warm. Cool the cooking liquid until it is Able to be handled. Strain as much fat off of the top as you can. Add remaining ingredients for the sauce except salt. Bring to a simmer and reduce. The sauce should have a shimmery Appearance not too thick like gravy. Salt to taste.
- Start the polenta and scampi at the same time. Polenta in a lg saucepan, scampi in a lg frying pan. Both over medium high heat. Add butter to both and saute onions.
- For the polenta, you don't want onion to caramelize. Just sweat off. When translucent, add garlic and saute 1 minute. Add water, milk, and bouillon. Bring to a boil. When boiling, very slowly whisk cornmeal into liquid. If you go too fast it will be lumpy. As soon as all the cornmeal is incorporated, add cheese and sour cream, reduce heat. Stir constantly until thick and creamy
- For the scampi, you do want the onion to caramelize a little. When you start seeing the onion brown, add garlic and saute 1 minute. Add rest of scampi ingredients except salt and saute until prawns are cooked. About 3-4 minutes. Taste 1 prawn and add salt if desired.
- To plate, add polenta on the bottom, place short ribs on top of polenta. Scampi on the side. Garnish polenta with parsley, and rib with chives. Spoon pan sauce over ribs and polenta. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
According to them, it is a winner. The short ribs can even be braised the day before. They reheat incredibly well, possibly even Then check out Orecchiette with Braised Short Ribs and Swiss Chard to see how you can transform your creamy-cheddar-polenta/]. For the Swiss Chard with Pancetta. Got dinner plans for #ValentinesDay yet?
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food brad's braised short ribs w/ creamy white polenta & shrimp scampi recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!